Automotive Racker - All shifts
Company: AIMS Advantage
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 23, 2022
1st shift: 6:00am-2:00pm 2nd shift: 2:00pm-10:00pm3rd shift:
10:00pm-6:00amSome of our racking positions may require lifting up
to 65lbs consistently throughout the shift. Not all, but some
do.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive material and prepare it to be galvanized by hanging it
on metal hooks and placing on the overhead crane either manually or
by use of equipment.
- Inspect all lifting equipment prior to use (forklifts, cranes,
monorails, chains, slings, etc.)
- Inspect all material before galvanizing to ensure material
meets all safety guidelines.
- Examine incoming product for damage or shortages and reports
issues to lead.
- Ensure all galvanized products meet quality requirements,
minimize downtime, and promote efficiency and up-time
- Read work orders/receive oral instructions for work
assignments/material or equipment needs
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to materials to prepare
for the galvanizing process.
- Runs, maneuvers, navigates or drives heavy equipment or
mechanized equipment in the racking area, such as forklifts,
cranes/overhead cranes, trucks, etc.
- Must use good judgment, follow instructions and have good
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to
perform the job.
- Count, weigh or measure incoming or outgoing items & compare
against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Move materials to and from storage or production areas by hand
or using forklifts
- Attach identifying tags to the product or mark identifying
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine
assignments, material & equipment needs.
- Record number of units handled or moved, using daily production
sheets or work tickets
- Adhere to established housekeeping standards.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor/management.
Keywords: AIMS Advantage, Grand Rapids , Automotive Racker - All shifts, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!