Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Overview:Now Hiring Bus Technicians!
Transdev is actively seeking bus technicians for our location is
Grand Rapids, MI. We are looking for qualified and experienced
fleet technicians to safely inspect, diagnose and repair transit
vehicles and equipment to ensure the highest quality transit
delivery service to our customers.
Join Transdev and become a part of the largest private-sector
operator of transportation in North America - one that cares about
its employees, passengers and the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
- Competitive pay starting at $20.00 hourly!
- Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Benefits
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off: Holidays, Vacation & Sick
- Great coworkers! Responsibilities:What will you do?
- Ensures buses operate in a safe, comfortable, like-new
condition by performing high quality maintenance repairs and
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and repair on all
business related vehicles, to include heavy and light duty
- Diagnoses and repairs mechanical, electrical, HVAC, pneumatic,
and hydraulic systems.
- Rebuilds engines, transmissions and other components.
- Performs road calls, on-the-road repairs, and road tests as
- Keeps assigned work area clean and organized.
- Maintains DOT card and Class B driver license.
- Other related duties as assigned or
required.Qualifications:What will you need?
- Graduation from a diesel trade school preferred, a high school
diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid Class B CDL with Passenger endorsement (or ability to
obtain one) and excellent motor vehicle record required
- Ability to pass DOT physical and maintain valid DOT medical
- One to two years' recent bus or heavy-duty truck repair
- Strong knowledge of HVAC systems, and various heavy equipment
engines, transmissions, starting and charging systems, air brake
systems, electrical systems, and component overhaul procedures
- Ability to operate hoists, machine tools and other related
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to comprehend parts books and maintenance manuals,
and accurately complete any necessary reports or other
- Must possess basic computer knowledge.
- Must submit to drug testing, physical examination, and a
criminal background check
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Due to
the possibility of equipment changes (such as through purchases,
replacements, etc.), the physical demands listed may require
modification from time-to-time without notice. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to stand and walk for extended periods of time, use hands and
fingers to handle small parts, push buttons, reach with hands and
arms; use legs and feet to climb ladders and stairs. Must lift 55
pounds from floor to bus; lift/carry 15 lbs up to 100'; push/pull
50 lbs up to 8'; torque 100 lbs. wheel lug; be able to squat; and
move the steering wheel and operate pedals freely while seated in
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to
weather conditions prevalent at the time, which can be very hot in
the summer months and cold during the winter months. The noise
level in the work environment can be moderate to loud. Vibrations
and fumes or airborne particles may also be present.
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe?
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with
concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with
concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at
For more information please visit our website at
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes
of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail,
paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation
contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing
safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission
is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and
contribute to a more sustainable environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check
Associated topics: air, batt, fuel, gas, hvac r, insulation,
refrigeration, repair, thermographer, ventilation
Keywords: transdevna, Grand Rapids , Mechanic C, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!