IMPACT Assistant Teacher
Company: YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 23, 2022
OUR CULTURE: Guiding Principles describe our behaviors to support
our organization's work throughout its life in all circumstances,
irrespective of changes in goals, strategies, and leadership. Our
Guiding Principles are as follows: We CULTIVATE-We grow staff and
volunteer leaders who will be stewards of the Y mission, resources,
and opportunities. We OWN-We think long-term and act on behalf of
the organization, beyond our own team. We WELCOME-We are inclusive
of all people and all communities. We SERVE-We provide timely and
excellent service to members, volunteers, community, and each
other. We LEARN - We are curious about new possibilities and act to
explore them. We UNITE-We work together to achieve big goals and
speak as one voice. We RESPECT-We treat others with kindness and
speak positively about other people in all situations. We PLAY-We
celebrate, appreciate, and have fun! The YMCA of Great Grand Rapids
utilizes a Membership By Design framework, which is a member
involvement and community building model for YMCAs across the
country. All staff members-front-line, management, full- and
part-time-and volunteers have a role to play in member engagement.
These responsibilities can be broken into six steps:
- Staff and volunteers encourage potential members to enroll in
programs and activities that meet their needs.
- Staff and volunteers ask members continually about their
satisfaction with a program or activity, track responses, listen to
suggestions, and respond promptly in a manner consistent with the
values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Relationship Building: Staff and volunteers are open, friendly,
and approachable to all YMCA members and participants. Staff and
volunteers initiate interaction with and between members.
- Education and Conversion: Staff and volunteers know about and
share their knowledge of the YMCA, its programs, its policies, its
mission, its values, and how it benefits members and the
- Volunteerism and Leadership: Staff and volunteers create
opportunities for members to volunteer in their areas of interest,
and they ask members to do so whenever appropriate.
- Staff and volunteers encourage members to own the YMCA, using
words such as we, us, and our association (and actions that match
those words) to include members as well as staff and volunteers.
POSITION SUMMARY: The IMPACT Achievers Assistant Teacher will
assist in the planning, developing, and implementing of classroom
activities for programs. This position requires face-to-face
leadership and Monday - Thursday, 3:00pm-7:00pm availability.
- Assists Site Coordinator/Supervisor in developing and leading
daily lesson plans
- Actively engages with children in the classroom
- Maintains supervision of children
- Assists Site Supervisor with parent communication as
- Efficiently communicates with classroom teaching team Performs
any other functions deemed to be necessary for the smooth and
efficient operation of the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids Association
COMPENSATION $13.78 - $17.23 ; Part Time; Non Exempt (up to 25
hours/ week) Free YMCA membership provided!
QUALIFICATIONS Three to six months middle school age childcare
related experience preferred; Ability to interact with people of
all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles. Working knowledge of
computers and experience with a variety of software applications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Blood Borne Pathogen training
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification required
within the first 60 days
- First Aid Certification required within the first 60 days
- AED-Oxygen Certification required within the first 60 days
- State of Michigan criminal background clearance (ICHAT) YMCA
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES: Functional Expertise
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the
job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a
framework to improve performance. Developing Self & Others
- Supports members, participants, or project teams in achieving
- Reflects on and learns from successes and mistakes.
- Proactively shares information, experiences, lessons learned,
and suggestions to help others be more successful.
- Volunteers for challenging tasks or projects in an effort to
grow and develop.
- Solicits and is open to informal learning opportunities to gain
insight (e.g., performance feedback, coaching, and stretch
- Embraces all dimensions of diversity (i.e., ability, age,
culture, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, income,
national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic
status, etc.) by treating all people with dignity, compassion, and
- Creates a safe environment in which others feel welcome and
respected. WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work
environment and physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. TRAVEL: 0 - 5% of local travel within the
state of Michigan; occasional out-of-state travel may be required
for educational conferences or training. PM21 PI189797984
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids , IMPACT Assistant Teacher, Other , Grandville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!