Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company Overview:Ranked in the Top 220 of Inc.'s 2017 list of
the fastest growing companies in America, Mobile Defenders is one
of the largest distributors of mobile device parts in the industry!
Our growth as a company is reflected in the success of our
partners. That's why we've always invested our profits back into
our business to provide continuous expansion into new products and
services to help our partners thrive and grow. With the tremendous
growth we've seen since our inception in 2013, we're predicting
2022 to be our biggest year yet! Recently we have entered
partnerships with Original Equipment Manufacturers to help
establish more legitimacy in this young, unregulated industry.
Employees will be able to grow their career and take part in
creating a memorable and positive experience for our customers. If
this sounds like a great place for you to grow and learn - we
encourage you to apply!Job Description:Mobile Defenders eduPARTS
division is seeking a dynamic and driven Purchasing Specialist. The
Purchasing Specialist will ensure our backorder needs are being
fulfilled by working closely with our international partners,
inventory monitoring, demand analysis, and purchase order (PO) &
release processing. The position will also be responsible for
supplier evaluation and communication. The working environment is
primarily in an office setting.Purchasing Specialist Duties:
- Has an understanding of procurement principles and items being
procured, as well as industry forces from a customer and supplier
- Submits RFQs, analyzes quotes, issues and manages purchase
orders among the supply base
- Provides supporting data to lead and analyze requirements to
ensure the timely acceptance of goods/services
- Communicates directly with Sales and Leadership teams
- Manage customs and port recovery processes
- Responsible for all inventory control of all raw materials,
supplies, and finished goods
- Ensures proper approval levels are met for all purchases
- Balances the need for product against the need to reduce
- Monitors supplier delivery and quality performance,
communicates causes for concern and advises operating departments
of order status as required.
- Receives and researches non-compliant invoices for orders
placed and approved for payment after verification or appropriate
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with MRP/ERP
systems and reporting, MS Office Applications.
- 2+ years of experience in direct or indirect
- Ability to collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and
information, and convey findings
- Ability to interpret and negotiate quotations and
- Ability to write and verbally communicate with suppliers,
customers and eduPARTS leaders
- Exposure and/or familiarity with purchasing various
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at
all organizational levels.
- Strong judgment with the ability to make timely and sound
- Highly skilled at analyzing and resolving problems.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- BS degree in Supply Chain Management or Business from an
accredited universityMobile Defenders is an equal opportunity
employer.Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: eduPARTS, Grand Rapids , Purchasing Specialist, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!