Developmental Care Specialist- FT
Company: Wedgwood Christian Services
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Developmental Care Specialist- FTAt Wedgwood Christian Services
Developmental Care Specialists (DCS) work in our VanderArk program
which serves children with developmental disabilities. This can
include both male and female children with Autism Spectrum
Disorder, Asperger's Syndrome, or those who were affected by Fetal
Alcohol Syndrome. Currently our program includes those who are
verbal and nonverbal, and are lower functioning cognitively,
socially, and behaviorally. Those seeking occupational therapy or
applied behavior technician experience and certification are
encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must be at least 20 years of age
- High school diploma required
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Additional education and/or certification in Psychology, Social
Work, Counseling or a related field preferred.
- Prior experience supervising a developmentally disabled
- Ability to pivot, bend, twist and stoop while bearing weight of
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. non-stationary weight through the
approved technique is required.
- Alignment with Wedgwood Christian Services faith
- Providing daily care, counsel, and supervision to low
functioning adolescents in the VanderArk residential program.
- Assisting in overseeing the treatments programs of individual
residents and managing operations of the residential unit.
- Participation in recreational activities when they are
- Meal preparation in the residential home.Schedule: 40 hours
including four weekdays and every other weekend. Combination of 1st
and 2nd shifts.
- 403b retirement plan with employer match
- Low cost medical plans with great coverage options
- Holistic dental and vision plans
- Pet insurance
- Legal insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- A Locally Partnered Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive time off
- Direct deposit
- Federal student loan forgiveness eligibility through PSLF
- Paid Holidays
- We also offer a variety of employer paid benefits for full time
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- Life insurance up to 2x your annual salary
- Wedgwood is proud to offer a full gymnasium with an attached
24hr wellness center that houses a wide variety of workout
equipment. Wedgwood is happy to provide this space to our staff at
- Walking trail that leads around the beautiful campus.
Wedgwood Christian Services
Since 1960, Wedgwood Christian Services has been dedicated to
aggressively taking on the toughest problems facing children and
families through residential care, counseling services, and
community programs. Our goal is to support and help restore the
physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual well-being
of children, adults, and families in our community.
Mission: Wedgwood Christian Services extends God's love to youth,
adults, and families through professional counseling and
Core Values: Integrity, Compassion, Excellence, and Diversity
Keywords: Wedgwood Christian Services, Grand Rapids , Developmental Care Specialist- FT, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!