Chaplain, Part Time
Company: Hospice Of Holland Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The hospice Chaplain works as a member of the interdisciplinary
team to assist with the provision of spiritual care to
patients/families regardless of their faith as requested.
Responsibilities of the Part Time Chaplin include:
- Provides spiritual care and counseling to patients/families as
assigned by Counseling Services Manager.
- Participates in development, implementation, evaluation and
updating of Interdisciplinary Care Plan for assigned
- Contacts patient's clergy, when appropriate, to advise him/her
of patient's admission to Hospice, to explain the Hospice program
and plan of care.
- Participates in weekly Interdisciplinary Group Meetings as
- Participates in care conferences of assigned patients.
- Documents all patient/family contact and activity in an
accurate, professional, and timely manner.
- Conducts funerals and memorial services, as requested and if
- Participates in training and performance review activities as
- Participates in hospice and community programs as requested to
promote understanding of Hospice philosophy and the spiritual
aspects of death among community members and clergy.
Qualifications for the Part Time Chaplin include:
- Education: Masters degree from an accredited seminary or school
of theology. Licensure or certification as a chaplain, minister, or
other pastoral care provider
- Experience: Successful completion of at least one unit of
Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), or equivalent clinical training
and experience is preferred.
- Other: Endorsement by and in good standing with his/her own
denomination or faith group. Current Michigan driver's license and
Skills and Knowledge:
- Assessment, interpersonal, ethical and pastoral skills as well
as a personal commitment to a maturing spiritual life.
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work comfortably with patients/families of various
faith communities and backgrounds.
Hospice of Holland is a financially strong non-profit organization
deeply committed to providing the best care for hospice patients
and their families. The Part Time Chaplin plays an important part
in that mission.
Sixteen hours per week between Monday and Friday. The days and
hours each day may vary depending on patient need.
Sixteen hours per week. Some variation is possible.
Keywords: Hospice Of Holland Inc, Grand Rapids , Chaplain, Part Time, Other , Holland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!