Senior Maintenance Technician
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: October 11, 2021
We are currently seeking a skilled Senior Maintenance Technician
for a 1st shift, Direct Hire opportunity, in the Grand Rapids, MI
area. The Senior Maintenance Technician is a journeyman
machine mechanic with the ability at a high level to maintain,
troubleshoot, and repair heavy wood processing machines according
to safety predictive and productive maintenance systems. The Senior
Maintenance Technician will act as a technical resource to other
Maintenance Technicians and be able to work autonomously towards
preventative & reactive maintenance goals.
Benefits of a Senior Maintenance Technician include:
- 1st shift opportunity
- Direct Hire opportunity
- Medical, PTO, 401k benefits are available
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
Duties of a Senior Maintenance Technician include:
- Inspect, maintain, and repair heavy wood processing equipment
or machines (including Homag Saws, CNC, and Edge banding) to set
- Perform diagnostic checks to equipment; troubleshoot
complicated issues in all systems (electrical, mechanical,
pneumatic, PLC) to determine and perform necessary repairs.
- Lead the assembly, installation, and disassembly of mechanical
systems, machinery, and equipment.
- Support the planning, implementation, and continued support of
facility projects, capital expenditures, and improvements as
- Perform general building maintenance as needed such as
painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and carpentry.
- Develop preventive maintenance procedures for new and existing
equipment, and all building systems.
- Inform appropriate personnel of problems and projects that will
affect quality of production and production schedules.
- Maintain tools and equipment through proper storage, training,
maintenance, and usage.
- Ensure compliance of facility to meet local building and fire
- Set up and maintain maintenance records and project files.
- Support or lead the requisition & acquisition parts, supplies
and raw materials needed to maintain machinery and facility.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of experience in similar maintenance related roles
working directly with heavy CNC style machinery.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED required.
- Technical certification preferred.
- Expert understanding of electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic
- Expert ability to diagnose and repair most issues with heavy
- Ability to share knowledge and help develop other Maintenance
- Understanding and working knowledge of all job-related quality
objectives, quality system policies, procedures and
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisor and/or senior
- Ability to use and troubleshoot issues related to hand tools
and power tools.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management
- Ability to follow directions and work cohesively in a team
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable
proscribed personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to problem solve and identify solutions to maintenance
- Ability to adhere to our attendance policy; regular and
acceptable punctuality and attendance is required.
Keywords: ResourceMFG, Grand Rapids , Senior Maintenance Technician, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!