Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength
to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our
stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our
Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
The Meijer Pharmacy Intern Program has been designed to develop
pharmacy interns into future Meijer pharmacy leaders. Interns must
demonstrate friendly, remarkable customer service. Through
operational excellence, interns should strive to enhance the
overall patient experience and health. Interns will be assigned to
pharmacy site(s) and work designated hour requirements. They will
learn the skills necessary for success in community pharmacy
practice at Meijer. As an intern progresses academically,
responsibilities and expectations will advance within patient care,
clinical services, and leadership competencies. Engagement in the
Meijer Pharmacy Intern Program, clinical pharmacy services,
leadership, administrative and operations projects, and knowledge
of and contribution to attaining quarterly goals, are strongly
considered when intern candidates apply for pharmacist positions.
What You'll be Doing:
- Develop professional and leadership competencies expected of a
- Assist customers with any and all needs as they arise in the
pharmacy while developing and maintaining positive relationships
with patients, team members, and leadership.
- Maintain Meijer pharmacy, state and federal legal requirements
for this position. Includes but not limited to:
- Compliance to legal functions a pharmacy intern may perform in
state of practice.
- Maintain an active educational license on file with their store
administrator at all times.
- Renew license on time each year display at base store.
- Maintain a complete clinical documentation file with hard copy
documents stored on site as per Clinical Services Documentation and
Filing procedures and maintain active CPR licensure documentation
with the store administrator as required by participation in
- Compliance with all assigned training.
- Complete specific training plans each applicable professional
year and first year with Meijer. These training plans include basic
pharmacy skills as well as build upon the academic and experiential
skills appropriate for the intern’s academic and experiential
- Collaborate with preceptor to ensure development. Interns will
be assigned a pharmacist preceptor who will monitor development and
serve as a mentor.
- Complete quarterly conversations with preceptor. At each
quarterly conversation training plan(s) will be reviewed to ensure
the intern is meeting expectations and is demonstrating continued
professional development of their competencies.
- Compile an electronic portfolio containing a showcase of
successful completion of training plan requirements and
accomplishments achieved throughout internship at Meijer. This
portfolio will be reviewed during quarterly conversations and
interviews for Meijer Pharmacist positions.
- Participate in (after applicable training) Meijer Pharmacy
immunization, medication therapy management, health screening and
all other current clinical programs.
- Maintain minimum required availability for the program of 16-32
hours per month year-round as needed based on professional
development and market needs. Invest as much time as needed in
learning experience to ensure professional development. Note,
additional hours may be requested, but are not guaranteed,
collaborate with TL, IC, and PDM when necessary.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Enrolled in an accredited pharmacy school.
- Hold pharmacy intern license (state specific).
- Immunization training certificate (as soon as available and
applicable to professional standing in school).
- Flexible in availability and ability to assist as needs
- Timeliness and dependability to complete requirements and
- Drive to stay current and competent in all pharmacy-related
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and behavior.
- Self-motivated and diligent.
- Committed to team goals.
Keywords: Meijer, Grand Rapids , Pharmacy Intern, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!