Front End Web Developer
Location: Byron Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team
takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally
aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest
standards of excellence. We're always looking for the next great
idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and
innovate to achieve our goals.
850 76th Street S.W. - Byron Center, Michigan 49315
This developer will be in a creative and strategic position,
working within IT and closely with myriad business teams. You will
frameworks to build modern, responsive/adaptive web applications
with rich capabilities throughout all phases of ongoing application
development. This includes the initial specification and design,
through developing, testing, and implementing applications to
- Experience with development and implementation, including web
and responsive mobile, user interface / user experience (UI/UX)
design, and related technologies
- Knowledge of Linux server environment as it relates to web
- Knowledgeable in industry best practices
- Integrate front-end interfaces with APIs and work with other
engineers to seamlessly integrate the front-end and back-end.
- Partner with designers to translate hi-fidelity designs and/or
wireframes into React.js components, templates and pages.
- Learn and adopt new technologies and skillsets as needed,
disseminating knowledge and best practices to the rest of the
- Remain current with the latest trends in mobile and web
development practices, as well as how they can contribute to the
team's overall success.
- Employ solid coding practices, including peer code reviews,
documentation, maintaining code-base integrity and testing.
- Be an engaged part of an experienced, growing agile team, with
a focus on continued improvement.
- Experience developing enterprise class solutions
Here's what you'll need:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of software development and strong understanding of
- Must work well in a focused team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced CSS skills and experience with a CSS pre-processor
(e.g., SCSS or LESS)
- Produce detailed specifications and documentation
- Working knowledge of relational databases and version control
tools such as git, gitflow, and bitbucket
- Demonstrable knowledge in best design and coding practices
- A strong desire to develop new bold ideas using current web
technologies and trends
- Able to collaborate effectively with design, and software
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly and
- Understanding of the web development process, including design,
development and deployment.
- Experience with UX and responsive/adaptive designs across
various devices and screen sizes
- Write fast and efficient code to a high standard
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans
are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of
our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards
benefits package. Learn more here.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates
diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our
success. We are committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all individuals.
Keywords: SpartanNash, Grand Rapids , Front End Web Developer, Other , Byron Center, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!