Nutrition Service Associate, Tech
Company: Spectrum Health
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: June 12, 2021
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS - Please apply through Find
Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for
Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Performs a variety of routine tasks within the Nutrition
Services Department using established practices and procedures.
Fully functioning in one area of responsibility.
- Visits patients and residents daily to collect their menu
selections within the parameters of their prescribed diet.
- Provides superior customer service to patients and
- Delivers trays to patients verifying room numbers, bed numbers,
birth dates and patient names to ensure delivery to the correct
- Prepares and maintains serving lines including dishes,
silverware, hot and cold food items, condiments, etc. Prepares and
assembles cold food items such as salads, desserts and nourishments
and ensures that all food and other items used are properly stored,
refrigerated, and dated.
- Works assigned station on the tray line, assembling patient
trays in accordance to established standards meeting dietary
requirements. Assembles patient trays with appropriate speed,
accuracy, and appearance.
- Disassembles and cleans food stations after use by wiping
counters, steam tables and warmers.
- Sets up and delivers food carts to patient and other food
delivery areas. Retrieves carts and returns them to the dish room
for cleaning. Strips patient trays and sorts soiled equipment in
preparation for cleaning.
- May Perform routine and heavy-duty cleaning such as washing,
scraping, scouring, and rinsing pots, pans, utensils, and other
equipment. Loads, operates, and unloads the dishwasher. Checks and
stores all clean equipment in an orderly fashion.
- Maintains sanitary conditions through the completion of daily
cleaning assignments including but not limited to cleaning,
sweeping, and mopping of work area.
- Routinely participates in selected quality monitoring
activities such as taking and recording food, refrigeration, dish
machine temperatures, and other related quality assurance
activities. Assists with the care and maintenance of department
facilities, equipment, and supplies reporting malfunctions to
- Preferred High School Diploma or equivalent
- CRT-Work Permit - UNKNOWN Unknown required
SITE - Kent Community Campus Building Only - 750 Fuller Ave -
Nutrition Services - RNC Fuller
Day (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
Every other weekend
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a
disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum
Health's application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any
other legally protected
category. See more here.
Keywords: Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids , Nutrition Service Associate, Tech, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!