This position is responsible for performing the basic functions
in the cellar with supervision.
- Maintains all quality standards and safety set for beer
production at CANarchy facilities.
- Knows where all raw materials are stored and general layout of
- Correctly and accurately weighs and stages hops, adjuncts and
brewing aids as required for cellar operations.
- Transfers beer via hard and soft piping to finishing
- Cleans and maintains fermentation and finishing vessels
according to standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Monitors fermentation by testing gravity, temperature, pH, etc.
as required and according to SOP.
- Adjusts fermentation vessel temperatures as required and
according to SOP.
- Applies treatments such as dry hops, wood, or other additives
according to SOP.
- Monitors and corrects the carbonation of beer prior to
- Assembles and breaks down appropriate hoses and parts
configuration depending on process.
- Follows SOP's to safely handle chemicals and hoses/vessels
under pressure while wearing PPE.
- Drops yeast from fermentation vessels safely and cleanly as
required and according to SOP.
- Logs information immediately and accurately.
- Completes general cleaning tasks (sweeping, scrubbing,
- Maintains a clean and orderly workspace.
- Escalates problems to coworkers and management
- Begins training on clarifying/separating equipment according to
- Performs facility-specific duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate reliability, punctuality, and ability to
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate willingness
to ask questions before proceeding with unsurety.
- Ability to demonstrate responsible and well-informed decision
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be
able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well
as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational
and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move
10-75 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and
operate objects, tools, and controls. May be required to work
weekend and overnight shifts.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Supervisor: Cellar Manager (or Operations Manager, if
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: N/A
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: 0%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Brewery equipment, Pallet Jack,
Forklift, Scissor Lift
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes
that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal
opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age,
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any
other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties
to this position as a result of evolving business needs.