Medical Assistant (Turning Point Programs) - Grand Rapids
Company: Salvation Army USA
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under the direction of the Medical Department Lead, assist
medical staff in providing basic care for persons served undergoing
drug rehabilitation including providing medical support with the
overall functions of the medical department.
DOING THE MOST GOOD
Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting
difference in the world? The Salvation Army is the fourth largest
charity in the United States and is an international organization
based on Biblical principles created to help people in need. We are
mission-driven, diverse, collaborative, and focused on positive
results for people... Join us in making a difference.
Monitor and maintain all aspects of persons served medical
- Following admission criteria, promptly evaluates a persons
served needs and appropriate level of care.
- Screen for psychoactive substance toxicity, intoxication, and
- Follow all medical management protocols.
- Proficiently execute all point of care specimen collection and
testing (e.g. urine drug screening, laboratory specimen collection,
pregnancy testing, and glucose testing).
- Measures and records vital signs and reports variations in
vital signs to Nursing Supervisor.
- Immediately report any changes in person served condition or
- Provide basic care.
Responsible for upholding quality Customer Service
- Ensure that Detox units are prepared and supplied for incoming
- Assist with maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly
- Reporting all equipment failure and assist with submitting work
orders for repairs.
- Assists medical staff as needed with answering the door or the
- Stocking supplies for the Nurse's Station.
Ensure that all documentation is accurate, complete, and
informative regarding the person served care as well as Assist with
all Clerical and Office Management Responsibilities in the Nursing
- Take and enter progress notes from medical groups into persons
served electronic file
- Maintains confidentiality in relation to all persons served
with other members of medical team as appropriated.
- Enter results of vital signs, and all other testing into
electronic file of persons served.
- Enter activities of person served into electronic file
- Communicate effectively to address persons served
- Keep accurate nursing records.
- Ensure that all chart documents get entered in the electronic
file for each discharged
- person served.
Assists with routine observation of person served in Detox
- Performing observation rounds in Detox and reporting any
changes in persons served.
- Complete required documentation accurately and in a timely
Perform other Duties as Assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
Completion of an approved course of Certified Nursing Assistant
Study or Medical Assisting.
Previous experience working with SUD or MI population
- CPR certificate or ability to obtain certification
- Individuals must have sensitivity to special circumstance of
substance abuse treatment setting.
- Ability to interact with staff and individuals of diverse
- Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the
organization to various audiences.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to be flexible and change
based on demand and/or accreditation regulations.
Recovering individuals must have a least 2 years of sobriety
with current evidence of social and emotional stability.
Compliance with criminal background investigation protocol and
- Protected Health Information Classification
Definition: Completed access to all persons served Protected
Health Information at affiliate of employment on a need to know
basis; access to limited employee records on a need to know basis,
as directly related to job responsibility
Keywords: Salvation Army USA, Grand Rapids , Medical Assistant (Turning Point Programs) - Grand Rapids, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!