Senior Tax Associate - State & Local Focus
Company: Beene Garter
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Beene Garter, West Michigan's largest independently-owned
accounting firm, repeatedly known as one of "West Michigan's Best
and Brightest Companies to Work For," is seeking a State and Local
Tax Senior Associate with 2-4 years of state and local tax
Here's who we're looking for....
This role prepares or detail reviews state and local tax income
returns for businesses, individuals, trusts, and estates. This role
also prepares or detail reviews personal property tax returns,
sales tax returns, registrations, and notice responses and
researching technical matters. Additionally, our ideal candidate
- Education, Credentials and Experience: As an experienced CPA,
you'll put your bachelor's (or master's) degree to good use at BG.
With at least 2 years of experience, you will apply the theory and
principles of taxation and accounting to client situations.
- Client-first focus: You'll use your customer service focus and
passion for making a difference to develop new and nurture existing
client relationships, perhaps even in a specialized industry or
- Leadership: As an inspiring coach and mentor, you'll delegate
work and research to various tax preparers, and offer training and
direction to motivate and develop the capabilities of other
- Solutions: Use your exemplary research skills to examine
various tax topics and effectively apply them to provide
innovative, yet practical solutions customized for each client's
unique business needs.
- Technical Competence: With a solid grasp on IRS rules and other
regulations, you'll handle sophisticated challenges with
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: You'll naturally develop new
engagements by expanding your network and cultivating relationships
with clients, prospects, and referral sources through civic,
business community and professional activities.
- Communication skills: You'll use your strong written and verbal
communication skills and acute business acumen to prepare and
present technically complex material to clients.
- Passion to grow: With your entrepreneurial spirit, you'll
possess the drive, aptitude, and above-and-beyond attitude to
exceed goals and grow your career at Beene Garter.
Here's what you're looking for...
- A great culture. From our events to our contests, from Hoopla
to our recognition programs- our close-knit and collaborative team
is always having fun. You'll love working with the best of the best
at Beene Garter!
- Flexibility. You'll enjoy our rich PTO package including paid
holidays, as well as a flexible summer schedule.
- A competitive salary, plus bonus based on performance.
- Benefits galore. Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long
and short term disability, 401(k) and more!
- A recently restored open-concept office that is at the heart of
all of the downtown Grand Rapids events and restaurants. Free
- The right size. If the Big 4 are too big, and the little
independent firm is too small, chances are you'll thrive in our
mid-sized environment. Here you're more than just a number and we
recognize the value you add to the firm and to our clients.
- Variety. Different clients. Different projects. Different
experiences. You'll enjoy working with a large mix of large and
small clients each with their own unique challenges.
- Access. A direct line to our partners at any time. No waiting
around for your question to get answered here.
- Top of the line tools and technology to enable you to work
smarter, not harder.
- Opportunity. Our career growth and leadership development
opportunities will support and guide you to achieve your
Keywords: Beene Garter, Grand Rapids , Senior Tax Associate - State & Local Focus, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!