Company: Occidental Petroleum Corp.(Oxy)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Contribute. Grow. Leadwith OxyChem. Looking for a challenge?
Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing,
action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company
continually striving to be the best in the business while staying
focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has
and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North
American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine
and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of
indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water
treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash,
chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates
and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market
position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a
supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our
employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top
performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and
providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are
looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill
the position of Maintenance Reliability Engineer within our Calcium
Chloride Chemical Plant located in Ludington, Michigan.
The Maintenance Reliability Engineer is responsible for the
overall reliability of the plant's assets, collaborating with
operational and maintenance personnel in order to provide support
relating to design, repair, maintenance (including
predictive/Preventive maintenance activities), and is responsible
for driving reliability performance using the most appropriate and
effective tools and techniques. This role provides technical
support to operations and maintenance personnel and leads or
participates in root cause failure analysis. Additionally, it
provides technical support for troubleshooting of problems,
monitoring Preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance
programs and monitors KPI data for early identification and
resolution of reliability issues.
- Developing and implementing preventive and predictive
maintenance programs by analyzing equipment history in SAP and
other information directly from operations personnel and equipment
- Evaluate current preventative maintenance plans and its value
as aligned with the short and long term maintenance reliability
- Plan, forecast, and track maintenance intervals and ensure
timely maintenance of the assets.
- Facilitate and implement root cause analysis.
- Owns and maintains Mechanical Discipline Focal Point for the
- Increase equipment reliability through the use of equipment
monitoring data, non-destructive testing, and failure analysis on
all phases of plant equipment.
- Manage maintenance capital projects from initial concept
through completion including effective cost control, planning,
funding authorization, status reporting and implementation.
- Manage the Plant Reliability programs in accordance with
company guidelines and governmental regulations.
- Develop and maintain maintenance procedures and standards (e.g.
welding, shaft alignment, lubrication, shop repair and rebuild
standards, etc.). Ensure that procedures are being effectively
used, suggest and implement improvements and additions to
procedures as conditions warrant, and manage training and awareness
- Manage plant maintenance excellence systems (e.g. routine
maintenance process, turnaround management program, and reliability
- Apply reliability engineering fundamentals (i.e. weibull
analysis, reliability growth analysis, etc.).
- Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing
needs of the organization.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with a Minimum of 5 years
of engineering experience in production or maintenance
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) or
- Working knowledge of SAP or related CMMS software
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as
part of a team
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs
- Walking, bending, stooping is required
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including
the use of a respirator
- Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Maintenance and Reliability role in a Manufacturing Plant
environment is a strong plus
- Experience in a union environment a plus
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status,
political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Occidental Petroleum Corp.(Oxy), Grand Rapids , Reliability Engineer, Other , Ludington, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!