Company: Boyne Resorts
Location: Boyne Falls
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Sustainability Specialist is a year round position,
consiting of approximately 20 working hours per week. You will be a
key player in collecting information about waste-stream management
and sustainability practices to inform and educate various
decision-makers. You will also be a key representative for the
company in a number of community organizations focusing on positive
public relations. Responsibilities include creating marketing and
outreach media, such as brochures or websites to communicate
sustainability issues, procedures, or objectives and creating or
maintaining plans or other documents related to sustainability
projects. You will also be maintaining, analyzing, and interpreting
various reports. This position also fosters and maintains positive
working relationships with our customers and community stakeholders
by participating in various local charitable and business
The Sustainability Specialist's typical job functions
- Review and revise sustainability proposals or policies.
- Research or review regulatory, technical, or market issues
related to sustainability.
- Identify or create new sustainability indicators.
- Identify or investigate violations of natural resources, waste
management, recycling, or other environmental policies.
- Write grant applications, rebate applications, or project
proposals to secure funding for sustainability projects.
- Provide technical or administrative support for sustainability
programs or issues.
- Identify or procure needed resources to implement
sustainability programs or projects.
- Create or maintain plans or other documents related to
- Develop reports or presentations to communicate the
effectiveness of sustainability initiatives.
- Create marketing/work with marketing director(s) to communicate
sustainability issues, procedures, or objectives.
- Collect information about waste stream management or green
building practices to inform decision-makers.
- Assess or propose sustainability initiatives, considering
factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and
- Monitor or track sustainability indicators, such as energy
usage, natural resource usage, waste generation, and
- Develop sustainability project goals, objectives, initiatives,
or strategies in collaboration with other sustainability
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound
and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A.A.) or
equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months
to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office and strong
computer skills required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess a valid
Availability: Must be able to dedicate 20 hours of work per
Keywords: Boyne Resorts, Grand Rapids , Sustainability Specialist, Other , Boyne Falls, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!