Lot Attendant, Market Operations (Part Time)
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013,
we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars.
We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the
traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the
largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per
year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our
expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360 photographs of our
vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the
ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a
dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for
consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile
device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on
our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return
policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars
to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer
pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes,
you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core
of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car
buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at
our company introduction video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5dpBRp0-_w
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and
possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take
on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work
at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies
around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and
develop a world-class team every day.
Creating an extraordinary customer experience is at the heart of
Carvana. Our goal is to place the customer in control of the car
buying experience, and infuse honesty and transparency back into
the car buying process.
As a Lot Attendant, you will be focused on maintaining the
cleanliness and appearance of the vehicles at our Market Hubs. As
part of this role, you will be expected to coordinate with fellow
employees to ensure timely deliveries and the highest level of
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Ensuring each vehicle is inspected for mechanical, drivability
or cosmetic concerns
- Washing and vacuuming all inventory on a regular rotating
- Completing multi-point inspection on arriving inventory to
include fuel level, safety features, drivability test and proper
display of all company and state disclosures
- Maintaining positive relationships with coworkers and external
- Interacting and communicating with team members and management
across all lines of the business.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
The qualifying candidate must love helping people and possess
the drive to achieve superior customer satisfaction. They must be
goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, with the
ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the
organization. Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is desirable
- Must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license
- Must have no more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years
- Ability to work as a team player and interact with customers,
managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet
deadlines, and find solutions
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of
lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20
- Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent
stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling
in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may
have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not
limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask,
and other protective garments and equipment.
- Requires frequent driving and some typing.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Part-Time Hourly Position
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Last Updated: 1/4/2019