Company: American Seating Co
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: June 10, 2021
American Seating is one of the country's top providers of
transportation seating. Our commitment to our customers, to our
country and to all things seating is what we're all about. American
Seating Company prides themselves on staying competitive in the
global markets, living a friendly and team-based culture, and
giving back to the community through involvement and sustainable
efforts. Come have a seat with history and apply TODAY!
The Aftermarket Parts Coordinator identifies customer
requirements, determines availability, cost, and price to furnish
the order, while reviewing details with the customer. Other duties
include managing orders from receipt through shipment,
communicating with customers, resolving issues as needed and
collaborating effectively with internal departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages aftermarket inquiries from O.E.M. and end user
customers. Coordinates orders with various departments to assure on
time and complete shipment of orders.
- Researches customers' existing layouts and specifications to
identify their requirements and promote accurate orders.
- Works with internal customers to determine availability, cost
and pricing, and identifies possible substitutes where
- Receives parts order from customer and prepares it to the
specification for write up and registration with engineering.
- Forwards customer required specifications to engineering for
part number creation. Checks availability of inventory with Master
Schedulers, Planners and Purchasing.
- Receives part numbers for order entry from data processing for
BPICS, in order to schedule and manufacture product after
ascertaining applicable part numbers.
- Evaluates requests for changes, advising customer of time and
dollar impact. Writes up change and enters computer.
- Helps facilitate field service requests and warranty issues
with the appropriate internal departments for resolution. Processes
credits and debits as required per company policy.
- Responds to RFI from Sales, Customers and OEM's to communicate
and establish quotations for pricing, availability, and lead
- Provides current parts in lieu of obsolete parts to departments
and customers to facilitate clean orders.
- Designs, records, and implements departmental policies,
procedures, and processes.
- Assists in training and answering product questions.
- Updates part price lists and costs to quote customer current
- Manages warranty claims as per the RGA process working closely
with Quality to ascertain any quality issues and replace customer
product as required issues and ensure timely response to customers
and internal departments
- Associates degree is required, Bachelor's degree
- Minimum two to four years' experience in customer service.
- Prior experience in account management, customer service and
- Aptitude for accuracy and patience.
- Proficient in MS Office, ability to learn proprietary
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills.
- Order processing knowledge.
- Ability to read technical drawings and blueprints.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the
ability to interpret and translate facts, as well as resolve
conflict and issues.
- Ability to interface directly and effectively with customer and
team members primarily through email, phone contact and team
- Displays capability to be self-directed and motivated.
- Job typically functions in normal office environment with
little discomfort from temperature changes, noise, heat, dust, and
the like. Travel to multiple work sites may be required.
- Extended work hours occasionally required.
- Work requires frequent keyboarding and, in some cases, periodic
stooping, bending, climbing and kneeling.
- Work requires concentration on figures, paperwork, data etc.
and includes pressures related to meeting deadlines, scheduling
requirements and simultaneous projects. Work is affected by
distracting influences such as people, telephone calls, etc.
- 401(k) employer contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- Safety Shoes Reimbursement
- Safety Glasses Reimbursement
- Personal protective equipment required and provided
- COVID-19 health screenings
- Sanitizing procedures in place
This job description is intended to describe the type and level
of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not
an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a
person so classified.
American Seating Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
Keywords: American Seating Co, Grand Rapids , Customer Service, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!