CNC Grinder Specialist A
Company: SFK INc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
CNC Grinder Specialist A
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Location: Muskegon, MI
The primary function of this position is the efficient set-up,
operation and troubleshooting of grinding machines and surface
finish/polishing equipment ensuring the proper grinding techniques
are followed and acceptable levels of quality and productivity are
met within establish parameters in a safe and effective manner.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Starts up and shuts down a variety of grinding machine(s)
including CNC & PLC controls following established company
procedures and safety guidelines.
- Performs grinding operations on a large variety of parts at
times with high levels of complexity, ensuring the operation is
performed within established parameters, minimal scrap and
acceptable levels of output.
- Plans setup (mounting and dismounting grinding wheels) and
operation of CNC and manual grinding machine(s) using proper tools,
and produces parts within established tolerances, specifications at
acceptable levels of production, which includes the reading and
interpretation of process drawing, routings and travelers.
- Uses a full range of precision measuring and gauging
instruments in support of daily grinding and inspection operation
ensuring that parts meet or exceed expectations.
- Sets up and tests production equipment under power, testing for
mechanical difficulties, tracing any problem source(s) and ensuring
proper corrective action(s) are taken to resolve detected
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment
including identification of unsafe conditions. Steel toed shoes and
ANSI approved safety glasses with side shields must be worn at all
- Reads and interprets a variety of engineering and quality
specifications and engineering drawings.
- Makes necessary adjustments to machines and "dress" of wheels
ensuring that ensuring that the machine and grinding wheel(s) are
in proper operating condition.
- Ensures that proper housekeeping is maintained including
sweeping and clean up in and round her/his area of
- Performs continuous improvement (lean) activities as may be
assigned or required.
- Performs first piece inspection for other operators if
- Performs other duties and assignments as scheduled and/or
- High School diploma or GED required
- One (1) to three (3) years grind experience in precision
- Solid understanding and ability to use of shop math and
precision (micrometers, precision dial gauges, etc.) measuring
- Must be able to read, write, understand technical
documentation, be computer literate, read process drawing
(blueprints), and understand engineering specifications.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 25 pounds and perform
routine and heavy tasks with full range of motion.
- Must be able to move freely around the department.
- Two (2) year technical degree in manufacturing technology
What You'll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of
our employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental
plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric
screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and
incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options!
Participate in our 401K program that boasts a 100% match up to 5%
of your elected contribution (100% Vested). And regardless of your
participation, SKF automatically contributes 5% into your account
per pay period (3 Years Vesting).
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement,
voluntary critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee
assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs,
mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for
SKF, we could not name them all!
SKF's mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing
business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including
bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and
maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries
and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales
in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca
Keywords: SFK INc, Grand Rapids , CNC Grinder Specialist A, Other , Muskegon, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!