Physical Therapist - Lincoln Pines
Company: Grandville Public Schools
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Title: Physical Therapist - Lincoln Pines
Kent ISD Center Programs
182 day position
2021-22 School Year
The Physical Therapist provides school-based physical therapy
services, which includes but is not limited to
assessment/evaluation, intervention/treatment, IEP planning and
implementation, service eligibility, related documentation, and
communication between teachers, teacher assistants, related service
providers, and families.
- Degree from a college or university offering an approved
program in Physical Therapy.
- Current physical therapy license from the State of
- Ability to use the accepted tests and measurements to discern
assistive technology appropriate for the students
- Knowledge of tools of evaluation and adaptive equipment.
- Ability to instruct and support student/teacher to access
- Knowledge and skills commonly used in physical therapy
evaluation and consultation.
- Ability to articulate the role of the physical therapy in the
evaluation, intervention planning, and intervention process
- Ability to facilitate and collaborate effectively with
- Outstanding skills, both written and verbal, in communicating
with students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
- Expert knowledge of student electronic information/data
- Knowledge of Michigan curriculum and content standards
- Requires the ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull or
push heavy objects or persons.
- Ability to follow directives and work effectively with
- Must pass criminal background check as required by School
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to equity, social justice, and
inclusion in all practices and position responsibilities.
Demonstrates the ability to examine the impact of education
inequities in student achievement outcomes as it aligns with race,
ethnicity, and socio-economic status.
- Implement physical therapy services within a multi-tiered
intervention model for programs and services.
- Identify and coordinate accommodations and modifications of
school environment for a student to obtain access to curriculum and
- Provide comprehensive written reports of assessments and
evaluations of students that specifically address the reasons for
referral. Utilize multiple methods of collecting data, and provide
appropriate measurable goals for intervention and anticipated
outcomes from service.
- Provide and interpret assessments and evaluations to determine
eligibility for special education, and identify needs for programs
and services. Evaluates gross motor, neuromuscular/musculoskeletal
systems, and functional mobility of children with known or
- Plan and provide direct and group physical therapy services to
students based on their IEP requirements.
- Consult with members of the educational and IEP teams to select
activities consistent with needs and capabilities of the student
and to coordinate physical therapy with classes through the
- Select constructive activities suited to the student's physical
capacity, intelligence level, and interest to upgrade individual to
maximum independence and assists in the development or restoration
- Design and construct/modify equipment for individual and
suggests adaptations for student's academic or home
- Administer assessments, take data and write corresponding
- Maintain the confidentiality of student records and information
according to established guidelines.
- Assure the health and safety of students by following health
and safety practices and procedures.
- Educate and demonstrate (verbally or written) therapy
techniques to parents that can be incorporated into the home
- Attend staff meetings, in-service training, and continuing
education courses as appropriate or required.
- Assess and make recommendations regarding the use of adaptive
equipment as needed and provide written justification.
- Assists with procurement and use adaptive equipment such as
wheelchairs, seating, and mobility devices.
- Recommends adaptations to make facilities and transportation
vehicles physically accessible for students
- Provide assessment, consultation to students, staff and parents
in assistive technology, to support student access to learning
- May assist in supervision of Physical Therapy Assistants.
- Perform all other duties as appropriate and determined by
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Benefits: Excellent benefit package includes medical, dental,
vision insurance; sick days; State of Michigan School Employment
Posting Dates: 5/24/21-6/3/21 @ 4pm
Distribution: External & Internal
To Apply: Kent Intermediate School District manages employment
applications online. No hardcopy applications/resumes will be
accepted for this position.
- Applications must be completed online at
- Please note, due to the large number of applications, we are
unable to attend to e-mail or telephone inquiries on application
- All candidates will be timely notified regarding their
The final candidate for this position will be required (at their
cost) to furnish Kent Intermediate School District with a current
Michigan State Police and FBI criminal records LiveScan check prior
to our recommendation to hire.
It is the policy of the Kent ISD School Board that no student,
staff member or candidate for any position in the District shall be
discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin,
creed, ancestry, age, gender/sex, sexual orientation, marital
status, height, weight, veteran status, political belief or
physical/mental disability which does not impair their ability to
perform adequately in the individual's particular position or
activity, excluded from participation in, denied the benefit of, or
to be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity for
which the Kent ISD School Board is responsible for or receives
financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education. The
Coordinator for Title IX, Section 504, the Age Discrimination Act
and Title II is: Coni Sullivan, Esq., Assistant Superintendent for
Human Resources and Legal Services.
Keywords: Grandville Public Schools, Grand Rapids , Physical Therapist - Lincoln Pines, Other , Grandville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!