Company: Herman Miller, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can
work as a Product Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Product Manager, you'll serve as product champion for
specified product line(s) by developing, implementing, and managing
product management activities to provide optimum sales and profits.
You will compile and evaluate research on assigned product line(s)
to establish product management strategies. You'll be responsible
for product direction, pricing, profit plans, and product
development to manage the product line(s) life cycle. You will
manage an assigned product line(s) to approved performance metrics.
You may also lead product business teams and the development of
product strategy for select products.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead
others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Manage the product life cycle of an assigned product line(s)
from introduction, through growth and maturity, to decline and
discontinuation. You'll provide input on product
simplification/discontinuation for product lines.
- Hold P&L (pricing, forecasting, revenue, costs, and gross
margins) accountability for assigned product(s). You will direct
ongoing analysis and lead the pricing strategy to maximize
- Define and observe research, forming insights and observations.
You'll conduct research with customers, users, and other
stakeholders to inform product strategy and tactic recommendations
including new product opportunities, product enhancements,
promotion strategies, and product simplification.
- Use market insights to develop, drive, and implement individual
product plans and strategy within the context of the broader
category strategic plan.
- Define market opportunities, determined by an analytical
assessment. You will translates market needs into product-specific
requirements and/or marketing needs.
- Support the product development and commercialization process
with various product management tactics. You'll provide direction,
make recommendations, and make decisions in support of data
management system functionality and usage.
- Create necessary product sales support and training
information, including product feature summaries, competitive
evaluations, and pricing comparisons.
- Define and use analytical tools to provide insight necessary
for decision making regarding product mix, pricing,
- Field complex product questions including competitive inquires
and product positioning recommendations.
- Make presentations internally and externally for critical
product situations and to create followership affecting assigned
- Own the effort to resolve high impact quality issues and
- Act as a mentor to help develop other Product colleagues.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree (Marketing or Business Administration
- A proven understanding of product management best practices and
processes, typically gained through four to seven years of
experience in product management, product marketing, category
management, or related experience.
- Contract furniture or capital goods marketing experience and/or
premium consumer merchant experience (preferred).
- Product development and/or market research experience
- Strong business, financial, manufacturing, supply management,
and marketing acumen with the ability to integrate this knowledge
into sound product decision making.
- An understanding of how product management impacts the
financial positioning of the product line and decisions to improve
the overall P&L of assigned product line(s).
- An understanding of sales processes with demonstrated customer
and field sales interaction.
- The ability to investigate and analyze information to make
- Outstanding leadership skills with creative problem-solving
- The ability to lead through influence and relationship-building
skills within all areas of the company.
- Analytical and project management skills.
- The ability to develop project plans and manage activities
through influence alone for cross-functional project.
- The ability to handle multiple concurrent responsibilities and
work in a constantly changing environment.
- The ability to manage multiple major projects and priorities
simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to travel to customer sites.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the
position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective
attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We
focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities,
exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality
products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business,
and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support
the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing
a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life
integration resources, development programs, complex health and
wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings
and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West
Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to
solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with
Keywords: Herman Miller, Inc., Grand Rapids , Product Manager, Other , Holland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!