Company: Michigan Spring and Stamping
Posted on: February 23, 2021
- Skilled Machine Set-Up (3rd Shift)
About The Open Position
- Skilled in tooling, setting up, and/or operating automatic and
semi-automatic equipment engaged in the fabrication of a variety of
metal products, applying knowledge of machine set up, capacities,
and output, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to set up and operate a variety of
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate at all levels to solve
experimental order problems involving; quality, material, spring
- Demonstrate knowledge about basic spring-making terminology and
- Demonstrate the ability to know the basic wire characteristics
and changes made by strain relieving.
- Ability to use SPC and various types of measuring tools (gages,
micrometers, calipers) in order to chart critical dimensions of
part (X & R charts) and be company certified.
- Inspects parts for conformance to specifications and
- Makes adjustments to machine to achieve specified product
- Analyzes work orders, work piece, blueprints, specifications to
determine process, materials, tooling, and sequence of
- Makes trial run measuring work piece according to
- Selects and installs appropriate tools and equipment (cams,
forming tools, cut off tools, dies, etc.) to produce a part as
specified on blue print
- Works with Engineering, Maintenance and the tool room to
develop prototypes, diagnose, and test parts and equipment to
ensure functionality and performance.
- Reviews blueprints to determine set-up procedures to follow,
machine attachments required such as cams, arbors, dies and/or feed
mechanisms, and material specifications, or obtain details from
- Operates machine for production, making adjustments to maintain
- May be required to do some tooling on new parts, repair and/or
replace broken tooling.
Are you a good fit for this job?
You could be the right person if you have these qualifications
- High school or equivalent or one to three years related
experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education
- Sound understanding of machining technology i.e., drafting,
blueprint reading, shop mathematics, metallurgy, properties of
- Skill acquired through considerable training and experience to
set up, operate, and adjust a variety of wire forming
- Sound mathematical skills with the ability to add and subtract
fractions, decimals and work with percentages.
- Competently use a variety of tools and measuring devices.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Strong problem-solving ability required.
- Ability to read and understand route sheets, forms, inspection
sheets, charts. Ability to communicate effectively in both written
and verbal situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages. To draw and/or
interpret bar graphs. Must understand SPC and chart critical part
dimensions (X & R Charts) and be certified by the company.
- Work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of
standing, stooping, stretching, and recurring lifting.
- Also requires good eye-hand coordination, mechanical skills,
above-average agility and dexterity, and attention to detail.
If you ask our employees why they love working at Michigan Spring
and Stamping, they will tell you it's because of the great people
they get to work with every day, the flexibility and job security
we provide and the daily opportunities which keep them motivated.
We are a medium sized company right where you want to be and where
you can really make a difference.
In addition to a great work environment, we offer an outstanding
compensation and benefits package.Within our benefits package;
affordable medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance,
life insurance, long and short term disability (at no cost to you),
401k with company match, profit sharing, generous educational
reimbursement policy, vacation and flexible schedules.
Being located in the wonderful Muskegon County has many benefits.
Muskegon County, bordering the shores of Lake Michigan offers many
attractions to its visitors such as, boating, camping, beach
strolling, biking, cross-country skiing trails, an ice skating
rink, snow shoeing and a luge run.
Keywords: Michigan Spring and Stamping, Grand Rapids , Machine Operator, Other , Muskegon, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!