Correctional healthcare is not just a job. Its a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being,
and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a
pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health
professional, you have access to the resources and support to
enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career
potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Psychiatrist to join
our healthcare team at the Kent County Jail, Grand Rapids, MI.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Psychiatrist
* Provide diagnostic evaluation and treatment to patients on the
Mental Health Inpatient Unit.
* Provide psychiatric consultation, diagnosis, and treatment to
* Provide clinical direction, general supervision and training
to the Mental Health Unit staff.
* Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency of
all treatment plans. Create discharge plans to insure appropriate
follow-up and support after discharge from the institution's
* Provide onsite psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and
treatment of those inmates referred by the medical or clinical
services staff. Provide written summaries of history, diagnosis and
* Where applicable, provide psychiatric services for inpatients,
assessment and diagnosis, staffing treatment planning, regular
review of all inmates assigned. Where applicable, provide
psychiatric services for all inmates referred to Healthcare Unit
for those inmates in the general population who need regular
psychiatric/mental health follow up. Where applicable, provide
psychiatric services for those inmates who need to be transferred
to Mental Health facilities. Services to include work up and any
court hearing testimony needed.
* Where applicable, act as regular psychiatrist and participate
in the treatment programming and planning for the Mental Health
Unit, duties include regular staffing and contact with Mental
Health Unit staff and supervisor, discussion of problem cases,
follow up and monitoring of medication, and general psychiatric
* Provide medication management to all inmates admitted to the
Mental Health Unit. Provide individual and/or group therapy as
* Approve all admissions and discharges into the Mental Health
Unit. Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency
of treatment plans.
* Provide in-service education to the Mental Health Unit staff
* Be available on a scheduled basis for the on-call needs of the
Mental Health Unit.
* Participate in Treatment Audit Committee.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Psychiatrist, If
* 5 weeks Paid Time Off
* No weekends or evenings
* Minimal on-call
* No overhead
* Medical, Dental & Vision
* Company Matched 401k or Supplemental Retirement Plan
* Continuing Medical Education allowance
* Malpractice paid
This position may require a background check, security
clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance
with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified
applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race,
gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation,
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Psychiatrist
* Must be a graduate of medical school and have completed an
appropriate psychiatric residency.
* Corrections experience preferred.
* Must be licensed to practice in the applicable state and
certified by the Office of Mental Health to provide psychiatric
services in a licensed inpatient unit. Current DEA number.
* Providers currently in their residency training may be
considered based on contract needs.