Do you have a passion for strategic planning and implementing
sales, marketing and production development programs?
Are you looking for your next opportunity where you can build
teams, develop sales strategy, lead negotiations and conduct
Are you ready to join an Employee Owned company where you can
position our value offering, drive revenue, manage our pricing
integrity and protect margins?
Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, is an Employee Owned
manufacturer of plastic extruded products with over $50 million in
annual sales and 400 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids,
Michigan, Juarez, Mexico and Camden, South Carolina. The company is
an industry leader in the profile extrusion industry, currently
ranked 65th on the list of largest plastic extruders across all
market segments for 2018, up 4 spots from 2017. Founded in 1992,
Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth in its revenues
and earnings in 25 of its 27 years in operation. Custom Profile
boasts a blue chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth,
Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M
At Custom Profile, we foster a culture that pursues Total
Customer Satisfaction with an emphasis in the following areas:
• Honoring our commitments.
• The pursuit of zero defects through ongoing training, use of
the most effective process technology, and a quality system that
ensures clear communication throughout the company.
• Responding faster than our competitors in all areas, from
quoting and tooling new programs to delivery of product.
• Recruiting, developing, and retaining our employees.
Our employees love to give back to the community by
participating in monthly community service events and volunteering
their time to local schools and other organizations.
• Competitive Salary and performance based bonuses
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
• 401k with company match
• Gym Reimbursements
• Coordinates sales operations with all departments of the
company and outside sales representatives focusing on the company’s
• Assess sales resource requirements and grow an inside and
outside team as necessary.
• Maintain appropriate reports/documentation including periodic
sales reports and actual performance vs. quotes to determine
• Maintains a clean and organized work area; follow daily
housekeeping and 5S standards.
• Promotes and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous
improvement, working within the company team to make it more
efficient, safe and an enjoyable place to work.
• Represents the company in a manner consistent with governing
regulations, policies and procedures in all internal and external
forums and events. Ensures the same across your team.
Qualifications and Requirements
• 10 or more years sales, marketing or other relevant experience
within a plastics manufacturing environment
Strength in the following areas required:
• Proficient at executive level communication both written and
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and partnering skills: has developed
and cultivated strong and enduring internal/external
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
• ERP/MRP Experience
• Experience in a plastics industry, extrusion a plus
• Experience in the medical industry
• Blueprint Reading
• Supervisory Responsibility:
• 2 direct reports
• External Sales Reps
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
• The noise level in our work environment is moderate.
• Safety glasses, hearing protection and closed-toe shoes must
be worn on the production floor.
Address 2535 Waldorf CT. NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49544-1472
PO Box 230311
Grand Rapids, MI 49523