Accounts Payable Representative
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: February 16, 2020
For Current Agropur Employees:
Please apply for this job through the Career application of your
Workday Home Page.
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where
simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the
management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You
too can join the Agropur family!
The Accounts Payable Representative is responsible for processing a
high volume of daily invoices into an ERP financial system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately and timely process a high volume of vendor invoices,
including purchase order and non-purchase order invoices to ensure
proper monthly posting to the general ledger.
- Print all invoices received through accounts payable
- Code all non-purchase order invoices and enter in financial
- Match all maintenance purchase order invoices and enter in
- Review and enter employee expense reports.
- Match ingredient and packaging invoices and enter in financial
system as needed.
- Prepare and process weekly check runs.
- Coordinate yearly turn-around of filing system.
- Monitor non-purchase order vendors for timely delivery and
entry of invoices.
- Assist in monthly general ledger review.
- Review incoming bills from US mail for routing or
- Work with Buyer and Parts Coordinators to receive maintenance &
service purchase orders.
- Maintain service purchase order worksheet with Parts
- Maintain vendor relationships through timely payments and
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct
- Set up new vendor accounts and maintain the vendor
- Track, compile and file use tax payments and capital equipment
sales tax refunds.
- Prepare monthly Accounts Payable accrual and rebate journal
entries and intercompany reports.
- Provide monthly general ledger reconciliations pertaining to
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in
accordance with company policy and accepted accounting
- Ensure clear and updated communication with all departments
regarding Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Prepare year end 1099s.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and
may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as
management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's Degree in a related field from a two-year college
or technical school preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the full cycle of
Accounts Payable required.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with
executives, managers, colleagues and individuals inside and outside
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Power Point,
Word, Outlook and field-specific software.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, establish
priorities and meet deadlines.
- Dedication to meet the expectations and requirements of
internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies
and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to
learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, adapt to a changing
environment quickly andthink independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at
all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to apply logic and methods to solve difficult problems
with effective solutions.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work
to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual
Keywords: Agropur, Grand Rapids , Accounts Payable Representative, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!