Staff Development - Scheduler
Company: Trilogy Health Services
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 16, 2020
responsibilities of a Staff Development:
* Assists the Director of Health Services (DHS) to plan, develop,
organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing service
department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance
with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the
* Maintains accurate records of Nursing staff licensure and
certifications including state specific requirements i.e, CPR, TB,
* Assists in developing methods for coordination of nursing
services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of
the residents total regimen of care.
* Participates in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized
government agencies as directed by the DHS or the Executive
* Creates the campuses four (4) week Master set schedule.
* Makes adjustments as needed according to budgetary constraints,
census fluctuations, calls-offs, and pre-planned leaves of
* Manages, supports, coordinates and approves all employees' PTO
requests, Holiday rotations, and shift trades.
* Generates and posts all required postings such as BIPA, daily
assignment sheets and monthly schedules.
* Manages nursing hours (PPD) and proper staff ratio to census.
* Monitors overtime closely with the goal of decreasing/eliminating
* Manages time and attendance, including points, buy-back, awarding
STARS for shift pickups.
* Anticipates staffing needs, recruits and takes rapid action to
partner with Employee Services with the goal of minimizing open
* Maintains and monitors preceptor needs.
* Meets each new employee to review their schedule, ask what needs
they have and ensure a smooth onboarding experience.
* Assists with onboarding coordination and classes.
* Adheres to Trilogy Scheduling Standards, SmartLinx utilization
and best practices.
* Recognizes employees, mediates staff conflicts and supports
* Rounds on each shift to provide review of consistent staffing
WHAT WE\'RE LOOKING FOR
You would be a great fit for our team if you have the
* Must possess, at a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited
college or university. Must have and maintain a current, valid
state LPN or RN license and current, valid CPR certification
* Supervisory/management skills preferred.
* Problem solving skills required.
* Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other
* Must be able to read, write and follow written and oral
instructions in English.
* Must be able to make independent decisions concerning above job
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family member, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
vendors, and the general public.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to long-term care.
The Oaks at Cascade
LIFE AT TRILOGY
Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Trilogy Health Services was
founded in December 1997 and is dedicated to being the Best
Healthcare Company in the Midwest by providing exceptional,
comprehensive care to seniors in our living communities. Trilogy
has over 100 locations and continues to grow across IN, OH, MI and
KY. Join our growing company and experience the Trilogy Difference.
We care for you while you care for others. #C4U
The Trilogy Advantage
* Competitive Salaries & Weekly Pay
* Earn a degree for FREE with our Purdue Global partnership
* FREE Health Insurance Option + up to $1,500 in company
* Tuition Reimbursement, Scholarships and Student Loan
* Employee Celebrations
* And much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Trilogy Hires Heroes Just Like YOU!
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Trilogy Health Services, Grand Rapids , Staff Development - Scheduler, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!