Account Trainee Tournament Assistant GT
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 15, 2020
THE JOB / ACCOUNT TRAINEE TOURNAMENT ASSISTANT GT
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and
experiential marketing programs.
This is a position within the Octagon Marketing Trainee Program.
Our Marketing & Events Division is looking for a motivated Event
Trainee to assist the Tournament and event staff with day-to-day
operations of preparing for the Meijer LPGA Classic to be held June
8-14th, 2020! The Event Trainee will be working full time assisting
in miscellaneous projects starting in May 2020 in our Grand Rapids,
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to learn event
management, on-site logistics and event activation/operation skills
to be able to optimally engage with consumers and fans. The right
candidate will be able to work as part of a team and will
collaborate with internal divisions, client partners and vendors.
Strong team dynamics skills and excellent communication skills are
required for this position. Travel on weekends, evenings and some
holiday work may also be required.
THE WORK YOULL DO
* Respond to general event inquiries (dates, event schedule, ticket
* Assist with implementation of special projects & other
partnership extensions in community
* Assist with restaurant relations management
* Restaurant ticket package fulfillment
* Administrative duties
* Assist staff with research projects including researching
potential endorsements, contact names, industry trends, or other
* Carry out assigned tasks with limited supervision, including
coordinating and implementing projects
* Assist with compiling tournament overview book at close of
* Other related duties/projects as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOULL JOIN
WHERE OTHERS SEE COMPLEXITY, WE SEE POSSIBILITY.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential
marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification
doesnt do it for you, and it shouldnt, lets take it a step
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of
sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and
possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little
overwhelming. Even daunting.
Thats where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the
world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity
and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
* Bachelors Degree in related field
* 0-1 year of internship/work experience
* You will be available to work full time starting the beginning of
May in Grand Rapids, MI office
* Extensive study in a related field (senior level internship or
recent college graduate)
* Polished communication skills, both written and oral
* Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative,
and solve problems independently
* Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet
* Extremely organized and able to balance multiple tasks
* Interest in sports and event marketing as a career
* Willingness to work weekends and nonstandard hours particularly
during tournament week
* Valid Drivers License and clean driving record
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited
Keywords: Octagon, Grand Rapids , Account Trainee Tournament Assistant GT, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!