Sr. Software Engineer - Digital eCommerce
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help
you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores,
distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest
corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Currently, Meijer is seeking a Senior Software Engineer- Digital
for our eCommerce or Shopping train. This team will be implementing
solution for online grocery home delivery and pickup capabilities
The Senior Software Engineer designs, codes, and implements systems
and integrations as a member of an Agile or Operations development
team. The development is focused on building a solution that is a
service oriented, multi-channel transaction platform such as SAP
Hybris, Adobe AEM, Azure Service Bus, etc.
The Senior Software Engineer will work with business product
owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery
and will participate in all phases of Agile software development.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Designs, codes, tests, and implements cloud-based systems;
develops system documentation according to SAFe Agile principles
and industry standards.
- Performs unit tests, monitors results, and takes required
corrective actions as needed.
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical consultation in
new systems development, new package system evaluations and
enhancement of existing systems.
- Mentors and coaches other members of the agile team.
- Assists in the deployment of applications.
- Provides leadership in defining solutions for integrating front
end customer facing technologies to the backend order processing
- Optimizes and enhances applications and interfaces to meet
- Drives engagement with ITS Security and Infrastructure teams to
ensure cloud-based systems and programs are secure.
- Assists product owners in systems analysis and creation of
documentation for all business processes.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop
acceptance criteria for features and user stories and ensures
acceptance criteria are met.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework.
- Coordinates new product reviews, tests and pilots with other IT
members, customers and stakeholders.
- Coordinates feasibility studies/proofs of concept to evaluate
- Coordinates structured walkthroughs, secure coding, and
technical reviews ensuring application coding and design follows
secure coding and design principles.
- Assists in the production support and maintenance of
applications as needed.
- Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies. This job
role may also provide facilitation of activities for Agile teams
within Meijer ITS as acting Scrum Master. This job profile is not
meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position;
may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information
Systems, Business Information Systems, Engineering or related
discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is
Preferred Education / Training:
- Any SAFe certification
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer developing,
building, testing, and deploying software
- 2+ years experience using and implementing continuous software
delivery pipelines (CI/CD)
- 3+ years experience designing applications for cloud-based
- Minimum 5 years of experience in systems development and
- 5+ years of experience in full stack development with Java or
- Minimum of 2 years experience on design, development, and
deployment of enterprise solutions with micro service
- Experience as a team member on project teams in a
cross-functional environment. Experience on Agile teams is
- Prior experience on integration with SAP Hybris or Adobe AEM
will be preferred
- Knowledge of Digital, eCommerce or customer facing technologies
is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of development tools, coding languages, SQL
- Strong knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and
technical design techniques.
- Strong knowledge of database management and file access methods
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication
- Knowledge of agile practices in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and
apply it to business needs. .
Associated topics: design, develop, electric, electrical,
electrical engineer, electronic, engineer, plc, power, systems
Keywords: Meijer, Grand Rapids , Sr. Software Engineer - Digital eCommerce, IT / Software / Systems , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!