Account Development Manager (Technical)
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 15, 2019
JOB DESCRIPTION: Account Development Manager
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, Packsize is the worlds leading provider of lean packaging systems for businesses with complex corrugated packaging needs. Recognized by Inc. 5000, ranked by Deloittes Technology Fast 500, and listed by Forbes as One of Americas Most Promising Companies, Packsize delivers an alternative to the existing corrugated supply chain with On Demand Packaging--.
We are looking for a Tech/Software savvy, rare-breed, self-starter to work as a
Account Development Manager
This is a high speed, post-sales account management, and core customer sales position with tremendous responsibility and financial upside. Must be comfortable with the C-suite and complex customer scenarios. An engineering background is a plus. This position will be responsible for the on-going growth and protection of an assigned territory. Must work well in a teaming account management approach and collaborate with internal Engineering, Sales, Customer Service, Data Analyst, and other key stakeholders.
As new business opportunities are realized with existing accounts, the Customer Development Manager works alongside data integration, packaging engineering, product development and field engineering teams to successfully drive the execution of customer implementations on time and within project budgets. These individuals must be able to identify all technical elements of Packsize solutions and drive complete customer satisfaction through all stages of planning, configuration, implementation and maintenance periods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow and protect assigned account base year over year by delivering WOW through products and services
- Provide on-going account management and maintenance strengthening customer partnerships
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, selling change, and providing a diagnostic solution
- Close a determined amount of new business per year, primarily defined in revenue generated within an assigned book of business
- Conduct regular account meetings to diagnose customers internal processes to evaluate future needs
- Oversee proposals, negotiate terms and conditions, and implement contractual agreements with accountability for delivering strong financial results
- Responsible for program management including overseeing multiple projects simultaneously through advanced project planning and appropriate resource allocation
- Provide subject-matter-expertise in Packsize hardware, software, and engineering solutions
- Engage at all levels of supply chain, operations and IT functions to drive value-creation through Packsize technology
- Conceptualize how Packsize products and solutions impact customer value streams in a variety of industries and customer verticals
- Develop on-going core product and non-core product business case documentation through quantifiable analysis of direct labor, value streams, supply chain processes, and packaging needs
- Identify product/solution capability gaps and define ways to accommodate customer needs
- Work directly with Product Management to identify and incorporate related technologies (automation, material handling, packaging) into engineered solutions and proposals
- Partner with Product Management, Data Integration, Research and Development teams to improve Packsize products and engineering solutions
Experience and Education Required:
- 2 5 years successful track record in account management or customer success
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a related field is preferred
- Experience in diagnostic, technical sales or consulting highly preferred
- Experience in manufacturing, operations, supply chain or business analysis required
- Experience in fulfillment operations and warehousing technologies preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, and Continuous Improvement tools required
- Certifications in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or PMP a plus
- Demonstrated expertise/experience in project management and change management required
- High proficiency in MS Office required; Excel expertise required
Qualifications (including Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Must have proven experience in complex, solution-based sales within related technologies
- Must be interested in working the intersection of products, technologies and business development
- Must be self-motivated with a proven track record of meeting targets within positions of increasing responsibility and ownership
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, requests for product specifications, and when submitting reports
- Must be organized and analytical, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Must have a good understanding of distributive sales, supply chain, and manufacturing business issues
- Must have proven success selling in complicated sales surroundings with both technical and business buyers
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to travel up to 60%. Must have a valid drivers license and good driving record
- Ability to work from a home office
Salary and Benefits: Packsize offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term/Long Term Disability, Life, 401(k) matching, and a bonus program. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Packsize is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, Packsize policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veterans status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Packsize, Grand Rapids , Account Development Manager (Technical), IT / Software / Systems , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!