Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Grand Rapids, MI
Do you get a deep feeling of satisfaction when you use resourceful and creative solutions to configure software, troubleshoot, and solve problems? Do you take things apart and put them back together just to see how they work, and do you spend an inordinate amount of time playing with and/or learning about software,technology, and electronics? Are you passionate about providing a phenomenal customer experience? And do you thrive on experiencing a brand new challenge each day, having each day be a little different than the last, and love working with new systems that you haven't worked with before?If so, we want to work with you! We are growing and hiring Configuration Specialists to troubleshoot, service, program, and test our integrated security systems software interfaces to ensure they meet or exceed our standards and our clients' expectations. As the face of our organization, this is an incredibly important role and you would be valued immensely. Join our team andcome to work each day knowing that what you do protects what is important to our clients, and that your work matters. Why Join Us?Our dedication to engineering, installing, and servicing the highest quality integrated security systems for our clients using cutting edge technology has earned SecurAlarm a reputation of excellence within the security industry. We are dedicated to building leaders and promoting creative thinking to get things done. We invest in talent and create an environment for people to grow. We care about our team members.We offer a comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k match, paid vacation and holidays, and financing of relevant training and certifications.Our entrepreneurial spirit is the energy that drives us to be a leader in integrated security solutions in West Michigan.What will you be doing in this role?
- Solving problems. Troubleshooting and resolving software and network-related issues as well as some hardware, and digging into systems that live on our client's network to figure out exactly where an issue might be hiding
- Programming and testing our systems to ensure they meet our standards and the client's expectations (for example, setting up rules so that a security camera looks at a door when an access control alarm is triggered on the door's card reader)
- Building custom Crystal reports
- Developing great relationships with our clients
- Supporting after hour client needs through the On Call rotation
- Providing quality control and system functionality testing
- Training both internal and external clients on the operation of integrated systems and componentsThis is the ideal position for someone that is looking to start their career or take it to the next level with a stable, well-respected and established company that wants to invest in your growth and success.Requirements:
- Must possess a valid driver's license, and be able to pass background screening and drug test (our Security License with the State of Michigan requires thorough background checks and places certain restrictions on hiring)
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
- Manual dexterity required for frequently reaching, climbing and lifting of small to large objects, and operating construction equipment.
- Experience with or knowledge of SQL and Crystal preferred, but not requiredSecurAlarm Systems is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Keywords: SecurAlarm, Grand Rapids , software configuration, IT / Software / Systems , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!