Mobile Donor Phlebotomist (We Train) FT
Company: Versiti, Inc.
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 13, 2023
Mobile Donor Phlebotomist (We Train) FT
Versiti is a fusion of donors, scientific curiosity, and precision
medicine that recognize the gifts of blood and life are precious.
We are home to the world-renowned Blood Research Institute, we
enable life saving gifts from our donors, and provide the science
behind the medicine through our diagnostic laboratories. Versiti
brings together outstanding minds with unparalleled experience in
transfusion medicine, transplantation, stem cells and cellular
therapies, oncology and genomics, diagnostic lab services, and
medical and scientific expertise. This combination of skill and
knowledge results in improved patient outcomes, higher quality
services and reduced cost of care for hospitals, blood centers,
hospital systems, research and educational institutions, and other
health care providers. At Versiti, we are passionate about
improving the lives of patients and helping our healthcare partners
Under direct supervision by department leadership, performs
phlebotomy collection of whole blood and apheresis products.
Interacts with donors and coordinators, providing a high level of
customer service to deliver an excellent donation experience. Takes
pride in and is committed to delivering high quality services.
Works cooperatively and is a supportive member of the team/group.
Contributes positively to the achievement of team objectives.
- $17.01/hr+ based on experience
- Benefits including medical/dental/vision/7% 401(k) match
- Shift differentials for evenings/weekends
- Skill based percentage increases offered for advanced
phlebotomy skills training Schedule
- Full Time
- Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs 5 days a week 2 days off
- Schedule is made 3 weeks in advance
- availability between 4am-10pm
- hours determined by the Blood Drive schedule
- Understands and performs to all applicable regulatory and
- Demonstrates Core Values: Do Right Always, Find a Better Way,
Make Results Happen and Strengthen the Team.
- Treats donors with customer service excellence, presenting a
- Recognizes when the customer is distressed and responds
appropriately with tact.
- Responds to customer inquiries, requests and complaints with a
timely and complete response and escalates to leader when
- Prepares collection site and performs set up, including
technology systems (may include quality control).
- Performs donor screening (collects donor histories) and
- Performs phlebotomy.
- Conducts automation (Alyx and/or Trima), including recognizing
and responding to automation reactions.
- Recruits and converts donors for automation.
- May prepare and pack units for transport.
- Observes donors for reactions, provides reaction care and
assists other staff in handling reactions if needed.
- May provide post-reaction care at mobile drives including
assessing reactions for recovery, escorting donors and serving as
liaison to coordinate care with host organization (e.g. high school
nurse, drive coordinator.
- Rebooks donors for future donation appointments.
- With a valid CDL, may operate mobile drive buses. Following all
DOT guidelines, safely transports staff, supplies and equipment and
arrives at site on time.
- Transports or carpools staff; may include equipment and
- Travels to other local collection sites, as determined by
- Requires evening, weekend and holiday work hours.
- Creates a safe environment for donors and staff members.
- Operates and performs routine maintenance on equipment
- Maintains product integrity and ensures proper identification
of all donors.
- Completes department records and maintains organization, as
- May participate in validation of new processes or new
- Reviews daily work for accuracy and recognizes unexpected
results, resolving where appropriate.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are
reasonably within the scope of the duties in this job
- Complies with all policies and standards
- High School Diploma required
- GED requiredExperience
- 1-3 years relevant people facing experience preferred
- Less than 1 year Typically requires less than 1 year of
job-related experience. requiredKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of standardized work routines and methods, general
facts and information and/or the use of simple equipment, machines
and materials. Knowledge is usually acquired through training on
the job. required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Standard
Operating Procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and other department manuals. required
- Must have basic mathematical aptitude. required
- Ability to apply judgment to written or oral instructions.
- Ability to organize work to provide productive work flow.
- Flexibility to work independently and with a team.
- Has strong attention to detail. required
- Must have good communication skills, including the ability to
provide feedback to peers. required
- Ability to learn/utilize computer applications such as
Ceridian, Hemasphere, Oracle, and HemaTerra. requiredTools and
- Personal Computer (desktop, laptop, tablet). required
- General office equipment (computer, printer, fax, copy
- Vehicle navigation system. required
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Screening equipment including: * Lancet * Sphygmomanometer (BP
cuff) * Temperature probe * Hemoglobin analyzer required
- Phlebotomy collection equipment including: * Blood mixer *
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Versiti, Inc., Grand Rapids , Mobile Donor Phlebotomist (We Train) FT, IT / Software / Systems , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!