Field Service Technician
Company: Renewal by Andersen
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Renewal by Andersen is seeking a high performing Field Service Technician supporting our Grand Rapids, MI office.
Purpose: Provide superior field support on RbA products by performing service or doing technical measures prior to installation
* Service and repair previously installed RbA products; Analyzes customers situations, determine corrective action to be taken and verify the action has fixed the situation is as efficient and cost effective manner as possible; keep team members informed as needed of customer interactions and actions taken
* Follows established Renewal processes, making recommendations for process improvement; keeps current on RbA product and installation process changes; recommends, and may write, technical tips for Renewal installation or service; helps maintain an updated service procedure manual
* Keeps service area neat and organized; inventory service stock area of warehouse; request material replenishment as needed; provide detailed information to Customer Service Representatives.
TECHNICAL MEASURE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Accurately measure dimensions and determine installation processes for windows and doors
* Provide installation solutions that match customer expectations of cost effective, installed window and door replacements; adapts product specifications
* Confirms details within the quoted sales contract to assure customer expectations are in alignment with product and installation process
* Provide accurate measurements and documentation of job-related circumstances in a timely fashion
* Completes and submits required paperwork that is neat, accurate, thorough, and completed in a timely manner; portrays a professional image with clothing, vehicle, and personal actions within the home; provides a high level of customer satisfaction
* Our vision is to make the world a better place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their association with Andersen. We're committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing, and rewarding success, taking pride in our work, and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing.
* We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and profit sharing.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma.
* 2 to 3 years' experience with window installation preferred
* Work experience with basic construction techniques; good knowledge of basic construction and building materials; knowledge of the terminology of the industry.
* Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills, strong listening & empathy skills
* Demonstrated ability to confidently handle confrontation/conflicts using a tactful and diplomatic approach; Ability to maintain perspective under demanding conditions.
* Diagnostic skills: assessment, problem solving and decision making
* Organizational skills for managing work schedules, job priorities, and stock levels.
* Basic math skills; legible writing.
* Initiative: ability to work independently. Flexibility: Willingness to work variable work schedules
Beginning December 4, 2021, all new hires will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work at Andersen. This new policy is part of Andersen's ongoing commitment to protecting the health and safety of our employees, customers and suppliers. A person is considered fully vaccinated fourteen days after having received a final COVID-19 vaccine dose (the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or a single Johnson & Johnson vaccine dose).
In addition, it is Andersen's corporate policy that all employees, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear an approved face covering while on site at an Andersen facility (or representing Andersen in other business settings or in the field) beginning January 4, 2022.
Keywords: Renewal by Andersen, Grand Rapids , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Grand Rapids, Michigan
here to apply!