Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Twisthink is looking for an experienced Software Developer to
design and build custom IoT edge devices. In this role, you will
architect, implement, and deploy IoT solutions running on embedded
Linux and other platforms. You will work closely with our clients,
our internal design and engineering teams, and our external
development partners to deliver scalable, maintainable, and
resilient solutions on-time and on-budget.
In our world - problems, solutions, and strategy are constantly
evolving and challenging us. If you have an imaginative mindset and
you are fast thinking, collaborative and energetic - come join the
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to the design and
delivery of embedded Linux solutions that include sensors, wireless
communication, battery/power management, edge analytics, real-time
control, and more.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to
understand the client's technical requirements and then design and
specify software architectures to meet these requirements.
- Assist product owners and project managers with quoting new
development projects by defining software development tasks and
phase deliverables, identifying dependencies and areas of risk, and
estimating development effort.
- Design and develop software within an Agile framework, using
Scrum, Kanban, and other methodologies.
- Leverage your knowledge and experience to mentor the
development team on best practices for software design,
development, and testing.
- Lead technical status updates in your area of expertise.
Communicate architectural and design rationale and present
learnings and their impact on product performance during customer
Experience + Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in CS or CE with at least 7 years of embedded
systems development experience.
- Experience and interest in working face-to-face with teammates
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with ability to
communicate complex technical concepts to technical and
non-technical professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Desire and ability to learn quickly, take professional risks,
and operate in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Fully competent at developing software in a team-based
environment using Git version control tools: commit cadence,
branching, merging, pull requests, and code reviews.
- Expert level competency with the Linux development environment:
scripting languages, command line interface, and standard
- Solid understanding of standard embedded Linux components:
cross compilation toolchain, Buildroot, multi-stage bootloader
environment, kernel image, device tree, root file system, BusyBox,
and system initialization.
- Strong comprehension of object-oriented and scripting languages
with deep experience in C/C++ and Python.
- Experience with software technologies such as: real-time
operating systems, inter-process communication and coordination,
MQTT, protocol buffers and other serialization techniques,
containerization, databases, and design of APIs and messaging
- Experience with embedded system IO technologies: GPIO, SPI,
UART, and I2C.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices: continuous integration,
automated testing, remote device monitoring and management, and
deployment of software updates to devices in the field.
Why Join the Twisthink Team?
- Ability to work on a variety of projects keeping each day new
- Work in an inclusive, fun environment that emphasizes
- Enjoy a hybrid work environment that offers great flexibility
including flexible hours and summer hours!
- Receive a competitive package that include gym -membership,
education assistance, 12 paid holidays and biannual performance
- Attend quarterly meetings that provide business and sales
- Be part of a company that values giving back locally and
Twisthink ensures equal employment opportunity without
discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Twisthink, Grand Rapids , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Holland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!