Senior Shopify Developer
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Senior Shopify Developer Position Summary
The Senior Shopify Developer is responsible for developing and
implementing high-quality, scalable front-end web solutions for
e-commerce or web applications using industry best practices and
the latest technical trends.
The Senior Shopify Developer is responsible for planning out
complex e-commerce solutions and breaking them down into smaller
tasks that can be assigned.
This position works directly with team members, Project Managers,
and occasionally clients from project kick-off to deployment, by
gathering requirements and developing solutions to meet client
What Will I Do as a Senior Shopify Developer?
On a daily basis, you will not only work with a great team, but you
- Write Shopify code for projects on assigned tasks
- Work with CQL's Design team to define and implement end-user
- Estimate task complexity and development cost in detail (task
assumptions and dependencies) so CQL's Project Managers can provide
accurate client quotes and allocate resources appropriately
- Analyze requirements and work with CQL's Project Managers and
clients to determine specific issue details
- Work with CQL's Technical Team to write acceptance criteria to
ensure software solution meets client expectations
- Regularly communicate with CQL's Project Managers regarding
task-level ticket status, including updates to project management
software to reflect task progress and state
- Review, test, and provide feedback on work by other developers
to ensure code quality. Submit ongoing work for review by peers
and/or technical lead
- Write client test plans instructing clients how to set up and
execute tests against changes made to the software
- Complete training and tutorials to learn new languages and
skills to better support clients; Research best practices and
understands code structure and organization of code
- Identify issues with existing code and proactively suggest
recommended changes to prevent challenges in the future
- Accumulate domain knowledge around existing clients and
projects to assist them with ongoing needs
- Prepare project code releases, coordinate changes with client,
and send code to production upon approval from quality assurance;
provide hotfixes or project releases, as needed
- Ensure high-level requirements are gathered to provide guidance
to Technical Team for proper story writing
- Bring new staff members up to speed on project configuration
and prepares them to contribute as part of the technical team
- Assign tasks in partnership with CQL's Project Managers to
ensure all tasks are accomplished
What Training, Skills, or Qualifications Do I Need?
We know you are probably a great candidate, however, there are a
few things we would like to see in your background:
- Bachelor's degree specializing in Computer Science, Computer
Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work
- At least 5 years of experience in eCommerce web
- Minimum of 3+ years experience working within the Shopify Plus
AJAX as necessary
- Superb troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Advanced experience with HTML5, and CSS, SASS
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms, Version Control Systems
(such as Git or Mercurial), Jenkins, Gulp, Jira, Confluence, Git
Hub, and Bit Bucket
- Experience working in Agile development environments; utilizing
Scrum principals to execute projects
What Kind of Experience or Training is Good to Have?
While not required, it is great if you have the following:
- React.js experience is a plus
CQL is a commerce agency that connects inspiring brands with the
people who love them. We serve retailers and manufacturers with a
cross-discipline team that delivers strategic insights,
design-thinking, and unparalleled technical expertise.
Over our nearly 25 years in business, we have designed and built
consumer-direct e-commerce websites, distributor portals, and
connected-retail solutions. Together with our partners like
Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Workarea, Microsoft, and Magento we have
built global e-commerce platforms, helped challenger brands
differentiate themselves with custom applications and guided the
launch of multiple digital ventures.
Our goal has never changed from the early years - which is to help
make technology simple and the commerce experience compelling.
Our Core Values are the foundation of our team. We expect our team
members to uphold these values at work and within the
- Think Forward - Solve problems. Drive innovation. Be creative.
Expand views. Use imagination. Find fulfillment. Challenge the
- Drive Results - Accomplish goals. Achieve ROI. Deliver
value-provide leadership. Help grow. Make each other better.
- Serve with Integrity - Be reliable. Be accountable.
Consistently work hard. Be fair. Have purpose. Act
- Foster Teamwork - Be positive. Be encouraging. Collaborate.
Demonstrate citizenship. Welcomes constructive criticism. Be
accepting. Celebrate strengths. Support others. Be empowering. Be
nurturing. Appreciate differences. Celebrate diversity. Permission
- Live Passionately - Drive for success. Be obsessed. Stay
engaged. Be committed. Be self-motivated.
- Dedication to Craft - Be a craftsperson. Learn. Teach. Inspire
What's so Cool About CQL?
Following are some of the perks that make working at CQL fun:
- Competitive compensation including salary, medical, dental
- Simple IRA with a company match
- Offices are dog-friendly (and occasionally cat-friendly,
- Paid Time Off
- Work Away From the Office policy offering you flexibility in
how you do your work
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative workplace where people care for one another
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: CQL, Grand Rapids , Senior Shopify Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!