Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Database Architect12-month Contract-to-Hire (CTH)Remote/Wyoming,
MI$120,000 - $160,000 (DOE)
Database ArchitectOverview:Our client, an industry leading national
foodservice distributor, is building a concept datastore in Google
Cloud Platform (GCP) called the ICDS (integrated consumption data
store). This is a place where systems will come for "cross schema"
or "cross database" data. Traditionally, this might be thought of
as an operational data store. Additionally, our client is in the
process of implementing of SAP S/4 Hana, and several legacy data
migrations are underway.We are looking for an experienced Database
Architect to work closely with the Database Engineering team, as
well as multiple Application Development teams to ensure that the
data and applications are consistent with the Data Architecture
- Assist in the design and build of the operational data store,
with the goal of distilling the data down to a common format. This
role is focused on the design and data modeling, while the DBA's
will be doing the hands-on technical work.
- The physical product is targeted for the Google Cloud Platform
and the initial physical components will be in Cloud SQL - likely
PostgreSQL but possibly MySQL. There may also be Firestore in the
mix, but that's secondary.
- Work with Development teams to analyze data and ensure
consistency with Data Architecture Standards.
- Ensure applications across the enterprise, and the data within
those applications is compatible with current data architecture,
and make corrections where needed.
- Support current database environment and tools, including a
Metadata collection tool built in SSIS.
- Leverage DevOps automation tools as we would seek to automate
everything around the datastores. Our legacy environment uses
Puppet today and the cloud side uses Terraform.
- It is likely that we will need to build some services around
these datastores so the candidates should also have Python
development experience and possibly GCP PubSub (messaging
- Data structure design is also highly valued, so an
understanding of relational and NoSQL data object design is
- Map and design the data transfer from legacy systems into SAP
S/4 Hana database, then (with Attunity) replicate data back into
on-premise Oracle Database/SQL Server.
- Interface with various technical teams including core data
application team and database/ data services teams, as well as
third-party managed services consultants (utilized for ongoing
- 5+ years' experience working with Oracle Database and SQL
- Must have background extracting large amount of data, run
complex queries, and move large amounts of data.
- Previous experience as a Database Architect, Data Architect or
similar role with strong experience in Data Modeling, Database
Design and Data Governance.
- Understanding Design Patterns
- Experience in relational database design
- Experience and strong understanding of Metadata
- Strong experience working with SSIS (SQL Server Integration
Services) and experience automating data Must be capable of
supporting Metadata tools and others built in SSIS.
- Experience working in a cloud environment and understanding the
architectural concepts of migrating from on-prem servers to
- Experience working in an Agile environment. Experience working
in a SAFe Agile environment is a bonus
- Experience supporting legacy applications and databases in an
- Experience working in a DevOps environment and experience
working with automation tools such as Puppet.
- Experience working with Data Replication tools. DBA's will work
hands-on with these tools, but we need this Architect to understand
the tools and processes.
- Attunity is utilized in this role, but other tools such as
Oracle Golden Gate, etc. are sufficient.
- Experience building and replicating tables and creating tasks
is strongly preferred
- Python Development/Scripting experience.
- In this role, python will be used to build services around the
datastore, and used for data provisioning
- Experience working with Terraform.
- Strong experience working with SQL Servers.
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN:At Eight Eleven, our business is people.
Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful
partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We're your
trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained
relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs.
Whether it's contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement
work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique
initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of
recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven
finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with
us, we work with you. That's the Eight Eleven promise.
Keywords: Brooksource, Grand Rapids , Database Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!