Software Solutions Engineer/Consultant
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and
supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing,
warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are
powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers,
manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than
25 countries, Dematic's global network of 8,000 employees have
helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for
some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta,
Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial
trucks, supply chain solutions and related services, and a leading
provider of warehouse automation.Dematic Corp. is looking for a
Software Solution Engineer/Consultant 3 in our Grand Rapids, MI
office. Essential Role and Responsibilities This role provides
pre-and/or post sales technical product advice for the development
and implementation of customer solutions. Participates in the
preparation and presentation of technical proposals, including
product demonstrations and product prototypes. Participates in the
preparation and presentation of customer needs plan to company
teams to assure complete plan is feasible within cost, time, and
environment constraints. Resolves semi-complex technical problems.
May provide installation support and post-sales consulting.
Provides follow-up support in disseminating semi-complex technical
information on specific applications.
- Own completion of responses to RFP, RFI, and other sales
related documentation for assigned opportunities, using standard
responses and liaising with technical resources as needed.
- Performs analysis of customers' business requirements and
develops solutions to meet or exceed customers' needs. Conducts or
oversees the development of proposal documents.
- Estimates time frames, quality and quantity of resources
required to successfully implement very complex project; develops
project plan incorporating all project variables.
- Conducts periodic status checks with customer and team to
assess progress against plan.
- Develop pricing for each assigned opportunity, including
software license, professional services, Dematic hardware, third
party hardware, and any vendor contract pricing.
- Define pricing terms, contract language and major
proposal/project assumptions for each assigned opportunity.
- Work with Business Development and Sales teams to maintain
pipeline in Salesforce.com
- Provide material to Marketing for white papers, blogs, and
- Perform site visits with Sales Executives to drive
understanding of how Software solution fits in the opportunity
- Determines methodology for collecting, analyzing and
summarizing data critical to design.
- Uses written descriptions, spreadsheets, charts, and material
flow diagrams skillfully.
- Stay abreast of current / future operating strategies and
technologies by attending industry conferences, seminars, etc.
- Understands customer's operations thoroughly.
- Develops a wide range of concepts that meet or exceed the
Design Criteria. Concepts may range from manual to fully automated
- To facilitate concept understanding, uses drawings and sketches
- Evaluates concepts and recommends the best solution. Skilled in
using evaluation techniques ranging from simple "pro and con"
comparisons to sophisticated Return on Investment (ROI)
- Produces a Design Report that professionally summarizes the
- Thoroughly understands the practices, methodologies and
requirements of the Supply Chain Solutions Department and serves as
advisor to all group members.
- Work with Sales Executive to finalize Solution strategy and
Operation Research Engineers to calculate ROI.
- Create Sales Handoff artifacts for each owned opportunity that
is closed, ensuring Professional Services team understands scope,
open questions, payment terms, and next steps.Qualification
- Bachelor's degree (MIS or Engineering a plus). Master's degree
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field
of specialization and applies through successful completion of
- Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts,
practices, and procedures of particular area of
- Typically, 5-8 years of successful experience in related field
and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge
as presented above.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where
- Achievement in both academic studies and the workplace.
- Enterprise software experience a plus.Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to create detailed Sales Proposals and corresponding
Power Point presentations.
- Experience with complex problem solving with the ultimate goal
of driving to solution ROI/payback analysis.
- Ability to multi-task on different opportunities in various
stages of the Sales Cycle.
- Understanding of SDLC.
- Solution driven approach
- Experience with enterprise software solutions.
- Experience with supply chain and logistics integrated systems
- Experience with Industrial internet of things (IIOT)
- Understanding of enterprise software ecosystems.
- Experience with sales life cycle, specifically in regard to
- Sales Engineering experience with WMS, WES, WCS companies.
- Professional Services (Sales Engineering, Project Management,
Software Development, Quality Assurance) background.
- Ability to drive technical demos of software products.
- Bilingual or multilingual abilities a plus
Keywords: Dematic, Grand Rapids , Software Solutions Engineer/Consultant, IT / Software / Systems , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!