Company: Alliance Physical Therapy
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Summary: The Payroll Specialist provides support to the Payroll
Manager for Alliance Physical Therapy. The incumbent is responsible
for maintaining accurate and complete payroll records of all
employees, conducting weekly reporting responsibilities, and
ensuring compliance of payroll practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Payroll Manager in running the payroll for
bi-weekly payroll for all Alliance Partners and to ensure all
processes and procedures are carried out in accordance with defined
- Processes timesheets, generates manual checks as well as direct
- Assists in the administration and enrollment of participants
into the 401(k) plan.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, entry,
calculating, and reviewing of data.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes,
deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal
and state income and social security taxes and employer's social
security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves and adjusts discrepancies; analyzes computer reports
to identify and locate sources of error.
- Ensures all relevant filing of documents in both an orderly and
- Completes employment verifications, ensures therapist licenses
- Periodic review of pay changes and deductions.
- Assists with annual financial audits
- Ensures PTO balances are accurate and updated in a timely
- Processes termination payouts as necessary
- Participates in problem-solving and special projects within in
the payroll department
- Performs actions necessary to track and determine regular and
overtime pay, and factors commission-based income or bonuses into
- Screens time-worked inputs for calculating, coding, or other
- Fields and responds to payroll inquiries and resolves
discrepancies as require d
- Maintains knowledge of rules and laws which govern the payroll
This list of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be
expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that senior
management may deem necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in payroll and tax
- Significant experience in multi-state payroll and taxes
- Working knowledge of basic accounting and payroll
- Experience with accounting and payroll software
- High numerical aptitude
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal, to
effectively interface and maintain effective relationships with all
levels internally and externally.
- Self-directed with sound technical and analytical abilities,
good judgment and business acumen.
- The ability to use Microsoft Office and other software programs
as necessary to prepare appropriate analysis and reports Associated
topics: benefit analyst, compensation, compensation specialist,
global compensation, incentive compensation analyst, incentive
compensation consultant, payroll, payroll transformation, salary,
Keywords: Alliance Physical Therapy, Grand Rapids , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!