Company: Feyen Zylstra
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Feyen Zylstra (FZ) is an Industrial Technology and Electrical
Services firm committed to the ongoing growth of its business
through strategies that build upon our reputation as an innovative
problem solver and an employer of choice. Financial and cultural
health is central to our success. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI
with offices in Charlotte, NC, Charleston, SC; Nashville, TN;
Traverse City, MI; and Kalamazoo, MI, FZ's 550+ employees are
focused on the most complex industrial and institutional clients in
the Midwest and the Southeastern United States. Successful
employees at FZ have a passion for people, a commitment to results,
and a desire to be part of a highly functioning team. Our team is
data-driven, innovative, collaborative, and committed to the
success of those around them. Reporting to the Controller, this
role will analyze and implement payroll policies, processes, and
practices to ensure that FZ has efficient and compliant payroll
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and assist with processing employee paychecks and
statements of earnings and deductions.
- Design, evaluate and modify payroll policies to ensure that
programs are current, competitive, and in compliance with legal
- Administer, direct, and review employee payroll processing,
including the integration of benefit deductions, taxation, and job
- Fulfill all reporting requirements of all relevant government
rules and regulations.
- Oversight of in-house tax filing processes; delegation as
- Analyze payroll software and make recommendations for
- Oversight of wage computation and reconciling payroll
discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Creating an efficient payroll process, recommending changes for
improvements and timeliness.
- Coordinate the work of the Payroll Specialist to ensure
adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures,
correcting errors or problems.
- Responsible for staff development, training, and software
- Provide guidance in handling difficult or complex problems with
a customer service attitude.
- Other assignments as needed to meet company objectives.
--- Key Qualifications:
- 5+ years' previous experience in Accounting including Payroll
Processing. Supervisory experience is preferred. Relative
construction & industrial industry experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree is required; preferred in Accounting or
Business Administration. CPP designation is preferred.
- Prior Experience processing and filing multi-state tax
- Knowledge of payroll policies, legal requirements, laws, and
regulations, and income taxation.
- High-Level abilities using computers including Microsoft Office
Suite, ERP systems, Payroll Software (Spectrum), and HRIS
- Must have a high level of confidentiality, detail orientation,
problem solver, organizational skills, and critical thinking
- Ability to work with minimum direction and exercise
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written; with a
customer service attitude with intent to solve problems and
- Ability to maintain relationships with internal and external
- Exemplifies FZ's core values and operates with a hungry,
humble, and people-focused approach
- Proven positive, professional, and approachable attitude with
internal and external stakeholders.
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time
off, training and development, the opportunity for growth, a safe
work environment, and the chance to work with a winning team in a
great company culture. Candidates are required to pass a
pre-employment drug screen. FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, or other protected classes.
Keywords: Feyen Zylstra, Grand Rapids , Payroll Manager, Human Resources , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!