Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: April 16, 2019
Back to Search Results
* Grand Rapids, MI
* Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
* Environmental Services
* Full-Time - Days - 8:00am - 4:30pm
* Support Services
* Posted: April 3, 2019
Apply Now Save Job Saved
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families
re-build their lives. It s extraordinarily meaningful work and the
reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When
patients Ask for Mary, they experience a culture that has been
sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully
listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of
every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians
and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited
rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults
each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation,
orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the
most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an
exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses
and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical
outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients
throughout the state with access to our unique standard of
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Maintains a clean, safe environment inside and outside the hospital
by performing duties according to departmental techniques,
procedures, and needs. Scheduled work may include weekends,
holidays, and/or a variety of shifts.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Cleans in assigned areas, such as patient rooms, nurses'
stations, examination and treatment rooms, public and patient
lavatories, lounges and offices, and public areas.
* Sweeps, dusts, dust mops and wet mops floors and stairways, spots
carpets, and buffs hard floors.
* Cleans and sanitizes discharge beds. Makes beds in designated
areas. Washes down all patient discharge furniture including night
stands, dressers, and over-bed tables. Cleans and sanitizes waste
* Collects trash and refuse from work areas and completes
* Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes baths, lavatories, and
shower/sink fixtures. Stocks paper and soap products, etc. as
* Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and extracts furniture.
Cleans and polishes glass surfaces, walls, and window sills, window
frames, doors, and registers.
* Scrubs bathroom tiles, woodwork, lights, and vents.
* Maintains equipment and materials in a clean and orderly
* Assists with setups, linen delivery, mail delivery, general
* Vacuums and edges carpeted areas as necessary.
* Any other duties as assigned by manager
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with
organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes
teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely
and sensitively with confidential information.
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Contributes by participating in meetings, identifying problems and
seeking solutions. Participates in department efforts to monitor
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Ability to communicate through the oral and/or written process
and ability to follow directions.
* Physical Demands:
* Ability to work independently. Able to exert up to 50 pounds of
force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
* Able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 50 pounds occasionally
* The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist,
crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb
* The ability to hear, speak, write and see (correctable vision
Environmental Services Manager
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
* EVS Tech/Housekeeping - 2nd Shift Grand Rapids, MI
* Security Officer - Days, Full Time Full Benefits Grand Rapids,
* Security Officer Grand Rapids, MI
Not the right fit*
Join our Talent Network to opt-in to all our current and future
opportunities! Join our Talent Network
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Grand Rapids , EVS Tech/Housekeeping, Hospitality & Tourism , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!