Lead Cook - Full-Time 5:00am-1:30pm; $6000 Sign-On BONUS!
Company: Brio Living Services
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Porter Hills Village
$6,000 Sign-On Bonus
**Must apply before October 31, 2022 to be eligible for the Sign-On
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time, 40 hours/week
Schedule: 5 shifts/week, includes every other weekend and holiday
The Team Members of Brio Living Services provide a unique and
personal experience to each of our residents, while focusing on
quality treatment and comfort.
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love what you
do every day!
A Few of the Brio Living Services Benefits:
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance options for staff that are
regularly scheduled a minimum of 30hours/week
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Birthday and Holidays
- DAILYPAY - immediate access to your pay from hours worked the
- Retirement Savings Plan Opportunity
- Team Member Referral bonus program
- Attendance and Longevity Bonus
- Wellness Reimbursement and Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship program (Growth
- Annual Increases Job Summary
Prepare made from scratch food in accordance with current
applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and
regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as
may be directed by the Chef Manager and/or Director of Dining
Services, to assure that quality food service is provided at all
times. Follows established procedures for portion control,
therapeutic diets, standardized recipes, infection control and
universal precautions, and ensure safety regulations are followed
at all times.
As the lead cook, you will be responsible for meal service and
accuracy of resident diets and assist with serving meals, daily and
scheduled cleaning duties, maintaining food storage areas, dispose
of food and waste, and inventory/supply availability, as needed. A
full job description will be provided upon request and hire.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel
and the general public.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work
harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies,
procedures, etc., of the Dietary Department.The above is a summary
of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties you will be required to perform. If selected for the
position you will receive a full job description.
- High School diploma or GED
- Familiarity with reading recipes and following food safety
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a short order or
scratch kitchen cook in a restaurant, catering service, or
- All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion
of a pre-employment criminal background check, professional
reference checks, TB screen and physical assessment at time of
hire. In addition, proof of COVID-19 vaccination or agreement to
participate in weekly Covid testing and/or approved exemption is
- ServSafe Certified preferred
- Culinary certificate/degree desirable
- Allergen Certification
- Experience working in retirement community settingDisclaimer
- Brio Living Services is a federally funded program through CMS
and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to
the Participant Rights.
- Brio Living Services provide equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability, or genetics in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws.Required
Keywords: Brio Living Services, Grand Rapids , Lead Cook - Full-Time 5:00am-1:30pm; $6000 Sign-On BONUS!, Hospitality & Tourism , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!