Company: Covenant Living
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Part of a nation wide family
of Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Covenant Living is
seeking a Cook. This position is responsible for the preparation of
food for residents. This position uses standardized recipes to
achieve proper quantities and consistent high quality. This
position must maintain a high standard of sanitation within the
department and ensure requirements are met in accordance with
Covenant Living standards as well as federal, state, and local
regulation. In this role, theCook will:
- Follow production and prep sheets for daily assignments
- Prepare necessary food for breakfast/lunch/dinner according to
- Focus on plate presentation and garnishing.
- Properly record daily temperature logs and other regulatory
- Label, date, and properly store all food.
- Follow all sanitation protocols.
- Have assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
- Work clean and organized. Cleaning as you go.
- Assist in other areas of the kitchen as needed. This is a team
atmosphere.The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent.
- One year of cooking experience in a restaurant or institutional
- Current state sanitation certificate.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English effectively to use
recipes, prepare meals and communicate effectively.
- Ability to perform math to adjust recipes and convert
- Understanding of standard food measurements and
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and follow
tasks through to completion.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff within the department
and in other departments.
- Willingness to work and interact with older adults.
- Must be of legal driving age and have current legal driver's
license.For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits
package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org. Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
or ordinances.Required qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Grand Rapids , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!