Full Time Hotel Housekeeping
Company: Extended Stay America Hotels
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 22, 2021
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARYThe Housekeeping Attendant (or
"Housekeeper") position must demonstrate and promote a strong
commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests
and associates. The position is responsible for cleaning guest
rooms in accordance with company guidelines and procedures.Watch A
Day in the Life video for Housekeeper (English)
https://vimeo.com/showcase/5180017/video/291794067Watch A Day in
the Life video for Housekeeper (Spanish)
https://vimeo.com/showcase/5180017/video/311773198MAJOR / KEY JOB
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the
best possible experience for our guests and associates.
- Cleans assigned guest rooms with adherence to company
standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensures housekeeping carts, cart rooms and laundry areas are
maintained to company standard while in use.
- Stocks carts and cart rooms if necessary and or directed by
- Reports all maintenance issues directly to the front desk
and/or manager on duty.
- Reports any guest property that may be leftover in the room
directly to the front desk and manager on duty.
- Assists and provides reasonable accommodations in response to
guest requests whenever possible and practical.
- Compliance with all safety and security policies and
- Assisting to clean other areas of the hotel as assigned by the
manager when needed to include (but not limited to) associate
breakroom, guest laundry, fitness room, vending areas, stairwells
and common areas.
- Responsible for maintaining overall hotel cleanliness.
- Other duties as requested by the management team.KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to understand instructions, policies, and guidelines
and the ability to engage in effective communication with the
manager and staff.
- Ability to understand and follow guidelines, adhere to timed
objectives, productivity measurements and similar company standards
- Ability to apply good judgment at all times.ENVIRONMENTAL JOB
- The associate must be able to perform thorough cleaning of
facilities pursuant to company standards, policies and procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly
required to remain stationary, be mobile, navigate the hotel,
handle, reach, and detect objects, tools, or controls, and detect
scent and detect sounds.
- The associate must be able to position self to access low
areas, traverse heights and remain stable while doing so,
balance,and the ability to bend, kneel, or crouch.
- The associate must be able to occasionally push/pull objects
(carts/cleaning equipment) weighing upto50 pounds.
- The associate must have the ability to discern or detect items
in guest rooms to ensure safe performance of work.
- The associate may frequently work in outside weather conditions
(depending on hotel).
- The associate occasionally works in wet humid conditions (non
weather related), near moving mechanical parts, in the presence of
fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals, and
risk of electical shock.
- The work environment typically will be at moderate to loud
- The associate may be asked to travel to help additional
locations within a reasonable geography.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- No prior experience or training necessary.ESA Management, LLC
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of ESA
Management, LLC to treat applicants and associates in all aspects
of the employment relationship without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age (as defined under applicable
law), national origin or ancestry, disability status, veteran
status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local laws.Job Type: Full-timePay: $13.00 -
$14.00 per hourEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Extended Stay America Hotels, Grand Rapids , Full Time Hotel Housekeeping, Hospitality & Tourism , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!