CENA Sub-acute Rehab
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: October 11, 2019
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families
re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the
reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When
patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has
been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully
listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of
every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians
and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited
rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults
each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation,
orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the
most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an
exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses
and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical
outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients
throughout the state with access to our unique standard of
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect.
Under the direction of the Registered or Licensed Nurse
Manager/Designee, the Certified Nursing Assistant/Geriatric Nursing
Assistant will provide assigned residents with routine daily
nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's
assessment and care plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active certification to
practice as a Nursing Assistant in the state of Michigan
certificate of completion state approved nurse aide training
* Minimum of one-year experience within a healthcare setting
* Previous experience working in long-term care or with the
geriatric population preferred.
* Must possess superior customer service skills and
* Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication
* Ability to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced,
* Possesses interpersonal and relationship building skills to work
in a cross-functional team as well as the ability to work with
residents based on their cognitive ability.
* Self-starter, highly motivated with a high productivity
* Possesses a high degree of personal accountability,
responsibility and strong decision making abilities.
* Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement
and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures
of the organization.
Physical and Mental Requirements and Working Conditions:
* Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work parameters.
* Primarily works inside with frequent kneeling, crouching,
reaching, lifting, sitting, walking, bending and lifting.
* Must be able to push, pull, move and or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 3
- feet and be
* able to push, pull, move and or carry such weight a minimum
distance of 10 feet. May be necessary to assist in the evacuation
of residents in emergency situations.
* Physical mobility that includes movement from place to place.
* Physical agility, that includes ability to maneuver body while in
* Must be able to speak, read and write the English language in an
* Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of this community, which include a medical and physical
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Grand Rapids , CENA Sub-acute Rehab, Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!