Nurse Navigator - C2 Health Program (Bilingual)
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Back to Search Results
NURSE NAVIGATOR - C2 HEALTH PROGRAM (BILINGUAL)
* Grand Rapids, MI
* Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
* Employer Direct
* Full-Time - Days - 8a-5p; Monday-Friday with on-call rotation
* Posted: February 25, 2019
Apply Now Save Job Saved
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families
re-build their lives. It s extraordinarily meaningful work and the
reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When
patients Ask for Mary, they experience a culture that has been
sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully
listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of
every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians
and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited
rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults
each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation,
orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the
most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an
exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses
and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical
outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients
throughout the state with access to our unique standard of
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect.
Nurse Navigators at Mary Free Bed are key members of the
multi-disciplinary team that collaborates to provide concierge
level member navigation services. Within the c2health program the
nurse navigator; assesses, plans, implements, evaluates,
coordinates, directs, and delegates care for multiple insured
members. Using an individualized care approach, each nurse
navigator develops relationships with insured employees and their
families, that enhance the quality of care provided and directs
others on the care team to do the same.
The c2health program is a business model for self-insured companies
that provides care navigation services to ease access to health
care through a single-point concierge service. Goals include fast
and efficient access to care by the most appropriate provider and
setting, single and personalized service for the insured, promoting
awareness of cost and provider options, lower episodic costs,
motivate members toward wellness and well-being, support best
possible outcomes, and maintain high user satisfaction.
The c2health Nurse Navigator maintains current with clinical
practice through continuing education, research, and program
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Provides care navigation services to insured employees and their
* Completes an initial assessment of current and past health
history (physical, mental and psychosocial health) for each insured
* Determine member health risk
* Develops a plan of care to lessen and avoid worsening health
* Determines potential future needs and develops a plan to address
* Receives telephone calls or other inquiries from the employee or
family, evaluates the current problem and develops a plan of care
* Collaborates with third party administrator (TPA) and other
external service providers
* Assists with accessing appropriate level of care
* Follows up post access to care to evaluate outcomes
* Provides oversight of chronic medical conditions
* Researches best practice, high quality care
* Investigates costs associated with all aspects of care
(procedures, labs, medications, surgeries, etc.)
* Coordinates referrals as needed
* Researches information on health concerns
* Advocates for the most appropriate care at the most appropriate
* Empowers members through information and support to make informed
* Communicate with members to promote participation in the
development and execution of the plan of care.
* Provides education to facilitate understanding of medical
condition and treatment plan developed by medical team (primary
care provider, specialist, etc.)
* Guides members through their health care journey, simplifying the
labyrinth of health care while being a liaison with; providers,
insurance companies, health systems and supplier of health care to
maximize cost, quality and satisfaction
* Functions as an advocate and maintains confidentiality. Educate
the member, the family, and members of the health care delivery
team about treatment options, community resources, insurance
benefits, psychosocial concerns, case management, etc., so that
timely and informed decisions can be made.
* Promote member self-advocacy, choice and self-determination.
Educate members and their families regarding the appropriate use of
health care services. Improve quality of care and maintain cost
effectiveness on a case-by-case basis.
* Documents member health status, progress toward goals, outcomes
and navigation touch points through an electronic medical
* Participates in orientation and training of new staff.
* Supervises staff and student internships as appropriate.
* Participates in program enhancement and service recovery as
* Supports program operations as assigned.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training
* Registered Nurse, Bachelor of Science in Nursing from accredited
* Possesses and demonstrates competence in identified area of
* Current professional license with the State of Michigan
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
* Five years of experience as a nurse in an acute health care
* Three years of experience as a nurse care manager in a health
care setting preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, expressing
self in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
* Ideally Proficient or higher in a second language (example:
* Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with the
interdisciplinary team members
* Excellent time management and organizational skills. Function in
a self-directed manner.
* Ability to make quality, collaborative decisions in short
* Analytical and strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight
deadlines, high volumes and multiple interruptions.
* Physical Demands:
* Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of
* To lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally
* To sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief
periods of time involving walking or standing
* To use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
* Nurse Navigator - C2 Health Program Kalkaska, MI
* LPN Navigator - C2 Health Program Kalkaska, MI
* Registered Nurse - Covenant Saginaw, MI
* Registered Dietitian - PRN/Resource Grand Rapids, MI
* Nurse Tech Grand Rapids, MI
Not the right fit*
Join our Talent Network to opt-in to all our current and future
opportunities! Join our Talent Network
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Grand Rapids , Nurse Navigator - C2 Health Program (Bilingual), Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!