Clinical Nursing Education Summer Intern
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Back to Search Results
CLINICAL NURSING EDUCATION SUMMER INTERN
* Grand Rapids, MI
* Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
* Intern - Days - Varied Hours, 8-5pm
* Posted: February 13, 2019
Apply Now Save Job Saved
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families
re-build their lives. It s extraordinarily meaningful work and the
reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When
patients Ask for Mary, they experience a culture that has been
sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully
listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of
every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians
and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited
rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults
each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation,
orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the
most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an
exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses
and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical
outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients
throughout the state with access to our unique standard of
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect.
Provides support to the Inter-Professional Education Team on daily
tasks and projects, which will give the intern gainful experience
in the Hospital Administration and Nursing Education field and
This is a part time, unpaid internship.
Essential Intern functions: The Clinical Nursing Education
Internship will be tailored to match the intern s skills and help
in developing new skills in the hospital administration and
education field. A sampling of job assignments and projects are
listed below. The intern may work in all of these areas or just a
* Designs education utilizing evidence based practice.
* Conducts research.
* Assists with continuing education credits in nursing.
* Supports inter-professional team by providing administrative
* Reviews policies and procedures.
* Tracks data for educational offerings.
* Assists in coordinating education events
Essential Intern Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training
* Completed course work in Nursing and Business field. Student
should be a senior level student at an accredited Nursing
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel Point
* Proven ability to create graphs, forms and databases and
* Internet and web experience.
* Research experience.
* Competent language, spelling, and grammar skills with the ability
to proof business documents.
* The ability to demonstrate initiative and responsibility, perform
multiple tasks, attend to detail, meet deadlines, adapt quickly to
changes, and respond well to feedback.
* Good interpersonal and telephone skills.
* Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force
occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); able to lift, carry, push,
pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; able to sit for the majority of
the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking
or standing; able to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the
20-40 hours per week for a 10-12 week period. Actual hours and
duration of internship will be determined at the time of position
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
* Medical Education Fall 2019 Intern Grand Rapids, MI
* Nutrition Aide Grand Rapids, MI
* Patient Coordinator Grand Rapids, MI
* Organizational Development Summer Intern Grand Rapids, MI
* Board Certified Behavior Analyst Grand Rapids, MI
* Marketing Writer Summer Internship Grand Rapids, MI
Not the right fit*
Join our Talent Network to opt-in to all our current and future
opportunities! Join our Talent Network
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Grand Rapids , Clinical Nursing Education Summer Intern, Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!