Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Back to Search Results
* Grand Rapids, MI
* Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
* 3S Nursing
* Full-Time - Days - 7a-7:30p
* Posted: March 29, 2019
Apply Now Save Job Saved
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families
re-build their lives. It s extraordinarily meaningful work and the
reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When
patients Ask for Mary, they experience a culture that has been
sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully
listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of
every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians
and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited
rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults
each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation,
orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the
most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an
exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses
and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical
outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients
throughout the state with access to our unique standard of
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect.
Nurse technicians provide important patient care within the Nursing
Department. Under the direction of the registered nurse assigned to
each patient, this non-licensed team member assists with patient
care and other department activities as outlined in this job
description, and communicates effectively with the RN responsible
for each patient. Work performed by each Nurse Technician must
support the mission, vision, and values of Mary Free Bed.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Quality Pillar of Excellence
* Patient Care The nurse technician provides direct patient care,
as delegated by the RN and in accordance with departmental policies
and procedures. Patient care performed by a NT includes, but is not
limited to, the following:
* Collects and monitors data and reports physiological,
psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs of the patient
and families as directed by and in coordination with the patient s
* Obtains and records vital signs using appropriate equipment and
* Provides direct patient care including sterile intermittent
catheterization, bowel programs, patient hygiene, recording intake
and outpatient, and other responsibilities as outlined in
* Acts as a safety attendant, as assigned, providing direct
supervision under the direction of the RN to maintain the safety of
* Answers call lights in a timely, respectful manner
* Documents care via computer/written patient record according to
department policies, including content and timeliness of
* Provides input to the RN for use in an individualized plan of
care for each patient
* Transports patients in a safe and timely manner to facilitate
patient diagnostic testing and therapy sessions, as needed.
Communicates with other team members in order to ensure continuity
of care and coordination of services.
* Maintains the patient s living environment in a clean, safe
* Cleans patient areas, work areas, and equipment, as needed.
Communicates any equipment malfunctions to the Central Supply
Department or Nursing Supervisor, and removes equipment from
patient care in accordance with department policies.
* Assists with collection of quality data, as assigned by the RN,
Nursing Supervisor, or Director of Nursing.
* Demonstrates appropriate use of all patient care equipment, in
accordance with departmental policies.
* Communication Each staff member in the Nursing Department is
responsible to communicate in a timely, professional and respectful
manner at all times. Responsibilities of the nurse technician
include, but are not limited to:
* Patients and their families or visitors are treated with kindness
* Customers, physicians, and other staff members are treated with
kindness and respect.
* Maintains effective working relationships with employees
throughout the organization.
* Treats patient call lights as a primary communication method
between the patient and the caregiver, and promptly responds to
call lights, in person, as soon as possible.
* Delivers care in a manner that is culturally sensitive and
preserves the dignity and rights of each patient. Deals discreetly
and sensitively with confidential information, and follows all
hospital policies related to protected health information.
Service Pillar of Excellence
* Customer Service Each nurse technician is required to demonstrate
excellent customer service standards and behaviors in all
interactions with colleagues, patients, family members, physicians,
and other customers. This employee is responsible to understand how
patient satisfaction is measured within the nursing department, the
expectations related to customer service, and the action plans that
are in place to improve the satisfaction of MFB customers.
People Pillar of Excellence
* Employee communication The nurse technician understands that
communication with hospital and department leadership occurs in
many ways, and that it is the responsibility of each employee to be
aware of policy and practice changes. This information is shared
through various methods such as administrative bulletins, staff
meetings, bulletin board postings, email, department newsletters,
individual discussions, and on the MFB intranet (InsideMFB).
* Employee training and competency assessments Each nurse
technician is responsible to complete all required training and
competency assessments prior to the posted deadlines. Questions
about required education and competency modules should be addressed
to a nurse educator or a nursing supervisor to ensure that the
requirements are completed prior to the deadlines.
* Performance evaluations Each nurse technician will meet with a
nursing supervisor to complete an annual performance evaluation
prior to the department or organizational deadline. The employee
will provide input to the supervisor when reviewing goals and
performance from the completed review period. The employee will
work with the supervisor to review organizational and departmental
action plans, and to identify personal goals for the upcoming
review period. As a preceptor, each NT will collaborate with the
assigned RN, Nursing Supervisor and Nurse Educator to provide a
thorough and accurate orientation for the new team member.
* Safety policies Each employee is responsible to demonstrate
knowledge of and performance in accordance with hospital and
department safety and infection control policies and procedures.
Maintains a safe and clean working environment for the benefit of
patients and staff.
Financial Performance Pillar of Excellence
* Fiscal Responsibility Documents patient chargeable items
according to department policies. Avoids duplication and waste of
supplies. Arrives to work on time and works throughout the shift,
unless taking a designated break.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Grand Rapids , Nurse Tech, Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!