Speech Pathologist - St. Mary's Acute Care
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Back to Search Results
SPEECH PATHOLOGIST - ST. MARY\'S ACUTE CARE
* Grand Rapids, MI
* Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
* St Mary's Acute
* On-Call/Resource - Days - Varies
* Therapy Services
* Posted: January 18, 2019
Apply Now Save Job Saved
Assumes full responsibility for evaluating patient s need for speech therapy. Plans and executes individual treatment programs in accordance with ASHA and SLP scope of practice. Keeps treatment skills upgraded through continuing education, evidence based research, and program development. Perform job responsibilities in accordance with the program s strategic objectives and goals to carry out organizational strategic objectives.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Each job responsibility is related to the MFB Pillars of Excellence. The responsibility is identified to a pillar by the following letters: Q (Quality), S (Service), P (People), G (Growth), F (Financial).
* Provides patient care. (Q)
* Evaluates patient condition.
* Establishes treatment goals in collaboration with patient and family as appropriate, and in collaboration with the treatment team. Treatment goals should be interdisciplinary and patient-centered whenever possible. Establishes written treatment plan, and administers treatment for each patient according to the stated goals. Delegates responsibilities to Speech Assistants as appropriate.
* Re-evaluates patient s status and effects of treatment. Revises treatment plan as necessary. Reviews revised goals with patient and family as appropriate.
* Evaluates patient s need for medical equipment and orders the appropriate equipment as necessary. Evaluates equipment upon delivery and instructs patient, patient s family, and health care workers on its use.
* Participates in planning for patient discharge by considering and communicating with patient, family, community support/services, and environmental limitations.
* Documents patient s status and progress through initial evaluation, progress notes, and discharge summary according to established internal/external time standards and adherence to reimbursement guidelines. (Q)
* Communicates with others to integrate speech language pathology services with all aspects of patient care. (Q,S)
* Participates in conferences/discussions as needed and exchange of written records with other interdisciplinary team members to integrate speech language pathology treatment plan.
* Instructs the patient and the family in speech language pathology procedures as part of providing patient and family education including written instructions as necessary.
* Attends various meetings and in-services as designated. (Q,P)
* Follows all hospital policy and procedures including but not limited to patient confidentiality and infection control. (Q)
* Meets or exceeds program productivity expectations. (F)
* Provides discipline specific coverage (following cross training) within the Mary Free Bed system as requested.(F,S)
* Supports program operations as assigned. (Q, S, P, G, F)
Other Job Responsibilities:
* Serves as clinical instructor for speech pathology students and supervises CFY as needed. Supervises, teaches and evaluates skills of students. Communicates with participating universities regarding skill level of students. (S)
* Participates in program development and/or research activities as assigned. (Q,G)
* Participates in orientation and training of new staff. (Q,P)
* Demonstrates competence in relevant software and hardware required to meet job responsibilities. (Q)
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely and sensitively with confidential information.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* M.S. or M.A. in Speech Pathology granted by an accredited university program.
* Licensure with the State of Michigan.
* Holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology.
* Possesses and maintains CPR certification to meet department/program protocol.
* Membership in ASHA.
* Physical Demands: The physical ability to lift, position, and transport patients; the ability to constantly sit, occasionally stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and frequently use hands for grasping; to hear, speak, write, and see (correctable vision); to frequently lift 1-10 pounds, and occasionally lift 11-100+ pounds; to frequently carry 1-10 pounds and occasionally carry 11-35 pounds; to occasionally push anywhere from 1-100 pounds; to occasionally pull up to 35 pounds; to exert up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, 10-20 pounds of force frequently, and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic. Share:
* Physical Therapy Resident - Pediatrics Grand Rapids, MI
* PT Assistant - St. Mary's Acute Care & Coverage Pool Grand Rapids, MI
* Physical Therapist - OP Adult Neuro & Amputee Grand Rapids, MI
* Physical Therapy Assistant - Covenant Saginaw, MI
* Occupational Therapist - Covenant (PRN/Resource) Saginaw, MI
* Physical Therapist Traverse City, MI
Not the right fit*
Join our Talent Network to opt-in to all our current and future opportunities! Join our Talent Network
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Grand Rapids , Speech Pathologist - St. Mary's Acute Care, Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!