Patient Registration Clerk - Urgent Care - Full Time
Company: North Ottawa Community Health System
Location: Grand Haven
Posted on: May 26, 2023
General Definition and Scope of Job
Patient Registrations Clerks register patients for multiple
services in a timely and efficient manner, providing privacy and
confidentiality at all times. Registration clerks must be
knowledgeable in specific requirements pertaining to insurances,
such as M.S.P. (Medicare Secondary Payer) to insure accuracy and
compliance. Is knowledgeable of the roles of registration and is
responsible for all hospital codes. Greets and assists patients,
their families, and other visitors and assurance that they are
triaged to the proper location, keeping in mind their dignity and
identity. Performs a variety of clerical duties relating to
filing, answering telephones, directing inquiries and mail
JOB STATUS: Full time
- 72 or 80 hours every two weeks, 1st shift
- Tuesday and Thursday 8a-7p and every other weekend, 9a-4p What
are the Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements?
- High school graduate with courses in business and
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Must have excellent communication and customer service
- One year of medical office experience preferred, with
understanding of medical and insurance terms.
- Must be able to type 50 wpm, error-free.
- Experience with computer, copy machine, fax and other office
equipment preferred. What are the Essential Job Functions and
- Participates, communicates, interacts and assists patients, the
public, and co-workers (inter and intradepartmental) in fulfilling
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures,
standard work objectives, quality
management program, safety and infection control standards.
- Registers patients for multiple hospital services, entering
complete and accurate information at all times,
while providing follow through in regular daily work and
- Knowledgeable and compliant with insurance requirements,
including pre-certification and authorization.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service when answering the
- Familiar with all department and hospital forms, obtaining
signatures when necessary. Capable of
offering assistance in answering questions from patients pertaining
to hospital forms.
- Have ability to count and balance cash funds and write
appropriate and accurate receipts. Provideassistance in going to
patient's bedside to collect and itemize valuables, to secure in
the safe in-patientregistration and return them when requested by
the patient or representative.
- Maintains department records, reports and files as
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, employees and visitors
according to hospital policies andprocedures with no
- Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, currentliterature, memos,
department manuals and in-service meetings.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and capable of making appropriate
judgment calls in a variety of situationsand /or emergencies.
- Ability to multi-task, while remaining calm, organized,
professional and friendly to patients, coworkers, visitors and
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management. What Perks or
Benefits Can You Look Forward to?
- Low cost benefits including medical, dental, and vision
available to you and your dependents
- Education reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (PTO)
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Employee discount in the caf--, gift shop and pharmacy
- Great work environment with a family feel What are the Critical
Demands of the Job?
- Must be able to sit approximately 80% of the day as
- Must be able to type/keyboard at least 70% of the day as
- May be exposed to patients with contagious conditions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions and changing
- Must be able to relate to patients of all age groups.
- May be required to assist transporting patients in
- Must be able to remain calm when exposed to emergencies
including illness (mental and physical),disease, trauma and death.
What are the Working Conditions?
- Works in well-lighted office environment with comfortable
- Stressful at times due to emergency situations and
- Prolonged sitting
Keywords: North Ottawa Community Health System, Grand Rapids , Patient Registration Clerk - Urgent Care - Full Time, Healthcare , Grand Haven, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...