Posted on: March 19, 2023
Why Wellpath:Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners.
We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and
healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical
environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an
autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education,
training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is
meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role:Our Psychiatrist provides a full range of
psychiatric services to patients. Provides clinical consultation
regarding identified cases to mental health and health care
staff.What you bring to the table:Education:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school with specialty
training in psychiatryExperience:
- Training and experience providing psychiatric services to an
- Physician who is licensed to practice medicine in the State,
board-certified or board-eligible in psychiatry
- Current CPR CertificationWhat you will do:
- Responsible to provide psychiatric services as required and
within the standards of professional psychiatric and medical
- Responsible to abide by the security regulations of the
facility, the regulations of the institution(s) to which
psychiatric services are provided, and the policies and procedures
of The Company.
- Responsible to provide documentation of psychiatric services to
permit monitoring of compliance with policies and procedures of The
- Evaluation and treatment in a timely manner of patients
referred for psychiatric services by mental health or medical
- Documentation of all psychiatric evaluations and/or treatment
in patient's health record utilizing approved psychiatric
- Documentation of patient's consent to treatment on the
appropriate form to be placed in the health record when
psychotropic medication is prescribed.
- Coordination of medical consultations and lab work needed with
the Health Services Administrator and Site Medical Director as
- Monitoring of patients prescribed psychotropic medications to
assess treatment effectiveness and medication side effects by
psychiatric interview at least every 90 days.
- Provide supervision and oversight to psychiatric nurse, if such
a position is utilized at Psychiatrist's assigned facility.
- Ensure support services and monitoring of patients as needed by
submitting a referral to mental health staff.
- Evaluation of patients referred potentially in need of transfer
to specialized internal mental health facility or community mental
health facility. Provision of documentation required to effect
transfer when indicated. Psychiatric services for these patients
shall be provided to the day of transfer.
- Assistance to mental health staff in the arrangement of civil
commitment to an appropriate facility when the patient is scheduled
for release and is in need of inpatient care.
- When required, participate in the Medical Treatment Review
Committee to permit the involuntary medication of an patient
requiring psychopharmacological treatment and who, by well
documented history of mental illness and violence, presents serious
risk of danger to self, others, or property.
- Provision of consultation and training services to mental
health and medical staff.
- Provision of on-call psychiatric services after hours when
scheduled and as needed.
- Provision of documentation of psychiatric services contacts to
Mental Health Coordinator upon request.
- Compliance with approved medication formulary and/or
acquisition of approval for non-formulary items from Corporate
Medical Director and/or Director of Psychiatric Services.
- If assigned to a Reception and Diagnostic Unit, provision of
formal diagnostic evaluations for complex presentations as referred
by Clinical Supervisor of RDU, with documentation of findings in
health record and any other required charting medium utilized at
- If assigned to a Reception and Diagnostic Unit, adherence to
timely schedule of initial patient psychiatric evaluations as
related to psychotropic medication needs.
- Notification to appropriate supervisory staff member, in timely
manner, of clinical or administrative concerns, including patient
- Your exercise of independent medical judgment with regards to
patient diagnosis and treatment shall be unrestricted.
- May be required to participate in a system of 24-hour crisis
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Our investment in you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here
https://wellpathcareers.com/Compensation Range: $275,600 - $336,800
Keywords: Wellpath, Grand Rapids , Psychiatrist, Healthcare , Ionia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...