Admissions Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: Universal Health Services, Inc.
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Forest View Hospital, located just seven miles southeast of
downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a private 108 bed psychiatric
facility that serves children, adolescents and adults. We are
licensed by the State of Michigan, fully accredited by The Joint
Commission and we bring more than 45 years of experience to the
evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of behavioral
health problems. As a part of our continued success and growth, we
are seeking qualified applicants for an Admissions Licensed
Practical Nurse. Visit us online at:
https://forestviewhospital.com/ The Admissions Licensed Practical
Nurse will respond to all request for mental health services
received at the hospital. Acute psychiatric inpatient and PHP
services are available to adolescents (ages 11-17) and to adults
(ages 18 and older). Patients admitted will meet clinical and
financial criteria established by the hospital. Key Job Duties and
- Respond to requests for service received at hospital.
- Accurately complete referral form for each request.
- Determine clinical appropriateness of each request for
- When necessary, seek and obtain consultation (from designated
clinicians, the Medical Director, the Director of Clinical
Services, etc.) to determine clinical appropriateness of potential
- Seek and obtain information regarding the financial eligibility
of potential patients. Consult with Business Office staff regarding
- Follow through on all intake calls. This will include arranging
inpatient or PHP admission, suggest, schedule and conduct
assessments, outpatient and community referrals.
- Facilitate patient's admission to the hospital by meeting with
the patient and/or family for orientation to hospital services and
the admission process.
- Conducts safety search on all individuals presenting for
- Conducts the initial clinical assessment (includes prior
treatment history, previous medication trials, family dynamics,
etc.) for patients presenting for admission.
- Is able to establish initial diagnosis for customers who are
- Must have detailed understanding of medical and psychiatric
criteria for various levels of care.
- Communicate with other hospital departments and shifts
regarding intake activities.
- Enter demographic, financial, and clinical data into M.I.S.
- Complete reports as requested.
- Initiate and/or continue the involuntary admission process when
necessary and follow through with involved hospital departments and
community agencies. Applies State and Federal laws pertaining to
the involuntary commitment process, patient confidentiality and
- Serve involuntary patients with the necessary paperwork in a
- Prepare and distribute a daily report to communicate intake
activities, which may potentially occur during the next shift or
- Report each shift's activities to the Director of Assessment
- Actively participate in department meetings/activities.
- Obtain "Release of Information" form signatures.
- Assist with insurance managed care reviews.
- Assist with case management duties as requested by the Director
of Social Work and/or Director of Assessment and Referral.
- Keep logs tracking admissions, discharges and estimated L.O.S.
for Kent County CMH patients, fax to CMH administration.Benefits
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Basic Life Insurance of 1x your salary
- Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Student Loan Reimbursement Program (Up to $200 per month)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Tuition Discount at Chamberlain University
- Pet Insurance and much moreHours: We have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
shift available. This is a full-time position. One of the nation's
largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare
services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive
record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its
inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues
were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as
one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020,
ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking
of U.S.' Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of
Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries
operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities,
39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an
insurance offering, a physician network and various related
services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico
and the United Kingdom. EEO StatementForest View Hospital is
committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal
employment opportunities are available to all applicants and
teammates. Forest View Hospital is an equal opportunity employers
and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment,
selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including
pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic
information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or
local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our
teammates is critical to our success.NoticeAt Forest View Hospital,
our Human Resources department is here to help prospective
candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best
possible career path. We take pride in creating a highly efficient
and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning Forest View Hospital, UHS or its subsidiaries, let
us know by contacting us at: or 1-800-852-3449.
- Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing.
- Basic understanding of psychiatric nursing theory, and
practice, with previous psychiatric clinical experience
- Demonstrated clinical competency in providing general nursing
- Current LPN Licensure in the state of Michigan.
- Knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis and symptomatology.
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Inc., Grand Rapids , Admissions Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...