Registered Nurse (RN)- Resource/Float Pool- Gladwin, West Branch, Clare
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN) Position Summary:
The Registered Nurse (RN) functions primarily in direct patient
care, and demonstrates "competent" clinical practice. This position
triages patients, obtains patient history and vital signs and
assesses patients. Acts independently to initiate immediate care in
the absence of a physician in life threatening situations. Provides
care for the acutely ill as well as the non acute patient. Performs
multiple procedures utilizing both complex and simple nursing
skills and assists the physician with their procedures. Provides
comfort, both physical and psychological, to the patient, their
family and visitors. Provides discharge and follow-up instructions
to the patient and family. Answers the ambulance radios and,
without assistance, gives appropriate orders for pre-medical center
care. Works with multiple types of sophisticated equipment and
handles various types of patients in a frequently stressful
environment. Position provides care to patients in the Emergency
Department, Medical and Surgical Floors. Position requires travel
among MidMichigan Health Eastern Region and MidMichigan Health
Center - Clare.
- This position is part of our Resource Pool/Float Pool
A day in the life as a Registered Nurse (RN) with MidMichigan
- (25%)* Performs nursing assessments, intervenes appropriately
and promptly, and participates in careplanning.
- (25%)* Regularly assesses patient's/client's needs and provides
skilled nursing services as prescribed by the physician authorized
plan of care, and accepted standards of nursing practice.
- (20%)* Processes physician/provider orders accurately,
completely, and in a timely manner, and does follow up regarding
medication changes and order clarifications.
- (15%)* Evaluates effectiveness of treatment plan and makes
suggestions or facilitates changes in plan to improve patient
- (15%)* Actively participates in updating/ revising the
treatment plan in collaboration with other team members, utilizing
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses physical assessment techniques (auscultation, percussion,
palpation, observation) to identify patients physical problems and
their patient care needs.
- Recognizes self-limitations and seeks out appropriate
- Possess clinical competence in airway management, cardiac
monitoring, Intravenous (IV) therapy, blood gas analysis,
venipuncture and physical assessment.
- Reassesses patient health status and identifies significant
changes in conditions.
- Individualizes plan of care.
- Coordinates the prescribed plans with orders on health care
- Communicates pertinent aspects of care to patient, family, or
other health care workers.
- Initiates home health referrals when appropriate.
- Sets priorities and implements nursing measures which correlate
with identified plan and standard of care.
- Recognizes change in patient's condition and takes action to
manage, reduce, or eliminate symptoms and promote comfort.
- Demonstrates respect for patient's dignity and privacy.
- Documents nursing intervention and patients response.
- Maintains a safe patient environment and takes actions to
prevent risk situations.
- Provides for patient/family education - explains about all
procedures, utilizes available educational materials, documents any
instructions given to family.
- Has effective interpersonal skills with customers.
- Assists peers in patient care activities.
- Recognizes stress in others and uses positive coping
techniques. Sets goals and prioritizes care to patients according
- Is accountable in following medical center policy and
procedures and work attendance.
- Participates in continuing education program, medial center
Computer-based learning modules, and
- In-services and Skills Day.
- MidMichigan Health is a technology driven organization and
employees need to demonstrate competency in Microsoft Windows. An
employee may be required to participate in further learning
opportunities offered by MidMichigan Health.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND SKILLS:
- Registered nurse in the State of Michigan
- Associate Degree in Nursing required, Bachelors Degree in
Nursing is preferred.
- Knowledge of nursing skills as normally acquired through 2
years' experience working in the medical center or similar
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Exposure to stressful situations, including those involving public
contact, as well as, trauma, grief and death. Able to wear personal
protective equipment that includes latex materials or appropriate
substitute if required for your position. Is able to move freely
about facility with or without an assisted device and must be able
to perform the functions of the job as outlined in the job
description. Overall vision and hearing is necessary with or
without assisted device(s). Frequently required to sit/stand/walk
for long periods of time. May require frequent postural changes
such as stooping, kneeling or crouching. Some exposure to blood
borne pathogens and other potentially infectious material. Must
follow MidMichigan Health bloodborne pathogen and TB testing as
required. Ability to handle multiple tasks, get along with others,
work independently, regular and predictable attendance and ability
to stay awake. Overall dexterity is required including handling
reaching, grasping, fingering and feeling. May require repetition
of these movements on a regular to frequent basis. Physical Demand
Level: Medium. Must be able to occasionally (0-33% of the workday)
lift or carry 21-50 lbs., frequently 34-66% of the workday 20 lbs.
and or Walk/Stand/Push/Pull of Arm/Leg controls and constantly
(67-100% or the workday) 10 lbs.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Grand Rapids , Registered Nurse (RN)- Resource/Float Pool- Gladwin, West Branch, Clare, Healthcare , Clare, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!